Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2018, 03:26 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Another non sequitur from you. Unless you can somehow explain how your comment ties in to the discussion?
Your original point was that there's a difference between a state of being and a state of action. I agree!

But for some reason you think that applies to the case of homelessness but not for gun ownership. I find that ideologically inconsistent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 03:38 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Your original point was that there's a difference between a state of being and a state of action. I agree!

But for some reason you think that applies to the case of homelessness but not for gun ownership. I find that ideologically inconsistent.
No. My original point was just as I wrote it out plain as the nose on your face: homelessness isn't a crime. Rape is. I wrote in direct response to an inference otherwise in another's previous post.

Gun ownership has nothing to do with the thread or my point. But, as long as you've brought it up incidentally ... and we've covered the topical disconnect: I own multiple guns and have a CCW as well. So, once again, I suggest you don't know me well as you think you do.

Now, back to homelessness not being a crime?

Old 02-26-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
No. My original point was just as I wrote it out plain as the nose on your face: homelessness isn't a crime. Rape is. I wrote in direct response to an inference otherwise in another's previous post.

Gun ownership has nothing to do with the thread or my point. But, as long as you've brought it up incidentally ... and we've covered the topical disconnect: I own multiple guns and have a CCW as well. So, once again, I suggest you don't know me well as you think you do.

Now, back to homelessness not being a crime?
I'm glad you're being (now) ideologically consistent.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you're being (now) ideologically consistent.
I am always consistent. I am not ideological. Ideologies are for lazy intellects. The fact that you are incapable of discerning truths without ideological lenses is a personal challenge for you, not me.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I am always consistent. I am not ideological. Ideologies are for lazy intellects.
That in itself is an ideology.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:52 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
How about pseudo intellectuals that troll Internet forums ?

Old 02-26-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
That in itself is an ideology.
No it isn't. It is a simple observation without attachment to any school of thought, philosophy, religion, political preference. Ideologies are “systematic”.
Quote:
i·de·ol·o·gy
ˌīdēˈäləjē,ˌidēˈäləjē/Submit
noun
a system of ideas and ideals, especially one that forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.
"the ideology of republicanism"
synonyms: beliefs, ideas, ideals, principles, ethics, morals; More
archaic
the science of ideas; the study of their origin and nature.
And your sophomoric attempts to taunt are going further off topic.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
How about pseudo intellectuals that troll Internet forums ?
Name one? Or go back to your incessant complaints without factual coherence or solutions on the topic?

Old 02-26-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I take the word of LAPD Captains that work the area over liberal trolls that don’t even live in L.A any day of the week .

I’d suggest everyone else reading this forum does the same .

The homeless advocates want to make it seem like all the homeless are just down on their luck angels which is nonsense. Huge criminal element among the homeless . Just the facts.

Then they’ll say “oh but they aren’t committing “ serious crimes “

But the homeless have murdered random people in L.A .. I guess it’s not serious enough to them .

“Homelessness isn’t a crime” is their slogan .

LAPD Capt. Marc Reina, who took over Central Division on Christmas Day, has made it a priority to increase officer visibility and flexibility with Downtown patrols. He doesn’t deny that people feel the environment is more dangerous, but notes that he must respond to anecdotal experiences and LAPD statistics in a quickly shifting community.

“Much of the increase in violent crime can be traced to Skid Row, which is seeing a nearly 10% boost in the category compared to last year, according to Reina.

“Much of the concerning activity happens in the Historic Core, which has a direct connection to Skid Row,” Reina said.”

Is Downtown L.A. Getting More Dangerous? | News | ladowntownnews.com
Your LAPD Captain is correct. There is increasing violence on skid row and among the homeless. That tends to happen with increasing numbers of stressed populations. But two observations are in order:
1. The Captain is referring to homeless crime on primarily other homeless persons in specific areas ... not to increasing crime rate (i.e. the % of homeless commiting crimes) against the general public.

2. Your feigned outrage is disingenuous as usual, since your entire history of posting on this topic is one of disparaging the homeless ... showing intense animosity toward them and a total indifference to their welfare.

As to your suggestion to forum readers with regard to who is worth paying attention to: it is telling that your concern says nothing about the value of truthful contribution of facts backed by research and first hand participation in the field.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:15 PM

Man, the tone of this thread is getting super harsh. People are hella rude online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles