Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 02:48 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,015,943 times

Advertisements

Guy is just another racist baby boomer looking for attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 02:38 PM

95 posts, read 83,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Guy is just another racist baby boomer looking for attention.
Bingo! The Facebook comments are full of them. Thanks FB for giving these people a platform.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:47 PM

50,371 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
There's a tremendous sentencing disparity for crack versus powder cocaine possession and distribution. This is a way to ensure poor blacks are imprisoned longer and more often for the same drug being used by wealthy whites. Clinton eventually acknowledged it many, many years later when addressing the concept of mandatory minimums.

A comprehensive examination of the 100-to-1 crack versus powder cocaine sentencing disparity under which distribution of just 5 grams of crack carries a minimum 5-year federal prison sentence, while distribution of 500 grams of powder cocaine carries the same 5-year mandatory minimum sentence.

In the United States, the incarceration rate is three and half times the European rate. The United States also far exceeded Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. In the U.S., the prison system is a racket where profit is the main objective.
If you,compare crack to meth that smooths out though.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:01 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,167,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
And people are still sitting in prison for these minor drug offenses. Yep, it's a thing to me.

Minor drug charges aren't eligible for prison time.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:22 PM

95 posts, read 83,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Minor drug charges aren't eligible for prison time.
Is that how all the doctors avoid time?

Old 07-31-2018, 09:48 PM

53 posts, read 39,315 times
but what if it currently reps daisy dukes shorts, an alabama album, other non 150+ years ago things?

Old 07-31-2018, 09:54 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,204,355 times
My opinion is he is clearly out of touch with the area and with living in the year 2018. It seems like he is living in 1958. He should realize that many will assume he is racist for displaying it IMO. That is just common sense.

As a previous poster mentioned, he is morally flawed. If I lived in that neighborhood, there is no chance he would be a friend of mine. I seriously doubt he has more than a few friends in the area. Having said all that, however, it is still his right. He has a First Amendment right to have that flag on his property and he did display a small amount of courtesy by putting it in his backyard instead of the front yard. Hopefully, he soon will realize the disadvantages outweigh the benefits of displaying it and voluntarily takes it down.

Last edited by chessgeek; 07-31-2018 at 10:17 PM..

Old 07-31-2018, 10:30 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,678,820 times
Perhaps he's opposed to police harassment and can't stand Roscoe P. Coltrane. And then there's that Boss Hogg -- don't even get me started...

Old 07-31-2018, 10:41 PM

104 posts, read 60,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, we're all on the same page. I'm not a Californian though. I did spent a part of my childhood in the West Coast region. However, I've grown up in Georgia. For me, the Confederate flag issue is much closer to home. In Georgia there was a big controversy over the state flag because it had the stars and bars in it. Ironically, they only replaced that version with a stripe version of the Confederate flag. I got sick of seeing Confederate flags a long time ago.
The first time I crossed the Florida Georgia line I freaked out when I saw road signs with the GA flag on them. I thought it was the confederate flag.

In FL it’s common to see confederate flags in cars motorcycles and even some businesses and homes. Of course they represent racism. Those who fly those flags just want to be confrontational and rude. I have always ignore them. Probably some crazy person like the lunatic who killed that woman in. Charlottesville

Old 08-01-2018, 09:05 AM

827 posts, read 661,925 times
Fly the Confederate battle flag, Fly her high fly her proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles