Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 06:53 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Then nothing will change for many months. School is supposed to start in 4-6 weeks for many. If some steps aren't quickly taken to slow the spread enough that it doesn't immediately rebound, many schools will be closed, to the detriment of many young people and their educators.

Also, how many businesses will be destroyed, and how long can Los Angeles avoid bankruptcy?

Students will mainly be online only. Younger kids will go to school maybe 2 time a week and older ones maybe 1 time a week. 16 & 17 year old's can be primary online only.

Regarding business, yes many smaller ones might never reopen. As for Los Angeles, there is a lot of service they can cut to avoid going bankrupt like street sweeping, road repair etc.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:09 PM

21,739 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
LA County sheriff elected specifically said he will not enforce the mask order. So have other departments as well. They do not have follow any order if they disagree that it's not legal.
And 4 days ago:
Quote:
On Wednesday, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies in West Hollywood said they’ll begin fining people spotted without a face covering in public.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/san...to-wear-masks/

Old 07-05-2020, 07:28 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And 4 days ago:
Specifically WH, and it was just talk. No one been fined yet and seems unlikely they will

Old 07-05-2020, 07:40 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I hope people ratted out whoever was playing with fireworks last night. It didn't stop until after 2AM an i'm exhausted.
The 4th is typically considered the night of the wild west. No laws get enforced unless you fight or crash. Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:13 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Students will mainly be online only. Younger kids will go to school maybe 2 time a week and older ones maybe 1 time a week. 16 & 17 year old's can be primary online only.

Regarding business, yes many smaller ones might never reopen. As for Los Angeles, there is a lot of service they can cut to avoid going bankrupt like street sweeping, road repair etc.
That's in the best-case scenario of around the end of this year a vaccine and/or treatment that makes hospitalizations almost rare and weeks of quarantine not common anymore. Taking social distancing seriously (coerced if necessary) is a better bet. Other countries did it.

Old 07-06-2020, 07:37 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I keep seeing posts like “watch out, this can cause permanent lung damage”. That may be so, but some are making it sound like it’s going to happen to the majority of people who get it and there’s nothing to back it up.

Some people are more pessimistic and fearful, but it’s misleading to just say it causes lung damage. I can post something that says don’t let a bee sting you, it can kill you. For some people, yes, anaphylactic shock. The majority of people won’t have an issue with a bee sting. It’s irresponsible of me to go around announcing bee stings can kill.
"It can cause lung damage" is a lot different than saying "it causes lung damage." (And no one said anything about lung damage happening to the majority of people who get COVID-19.)

FWIW, actor Nick Cordero, who just died at age 41, experienced severe lung damage.

"....we did learn that due to COVID Nick's lungs are severely damaged," she said. "To look almost like he's been a smoker for 50 years they said. They are that damaged."

Kloots recently told "CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King that Cordero had been so critically ill that he may have needed a double lung transplant.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/05/enter...bit/index.html

Old 07-06-2020, 08:14 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"It can cause lung damage" is a lot different than saying "it causes lung damage." (And no one said anything about lung damage happening to the majority of people who get COVID-19.)

FWIW, actor Nick Cordero, who just died at age 41, experienced severe lung damage.

"....we did learn that due to COVID Nick's lungs are severely damaged," she said. "To look almost like he's been a smoker for 50 years they said. They are that damaged."

Kloots recently told "CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King that Cordero had been so critically ill that he may have needed a double lung transplant.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/05/enter...bit/index.html
I previously posted a 102 year old woman that recovered. Here’s a woman that’s 113 years old and recovered.

“A 113-year-old woman, thought to be the oldest in Spain, has said she feels fine after surviving a brush with coronavirus.

"In terms of my health I am fine, with the same minor annoyances that anyone can have," said Branyas in the video. It was recorded Monday, a spokeswoman for the care home told CNN.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ntl/index.html

You focus on the extreme negative. Many more people recover than not. The data bears that out. However, you like to post the worst stories possible.

Old 07-06-2020, 08:21 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
You focus on the extreme negative. Many more people recover than not.
No one EVER said that they didn't. I personally think that you stick your head in the sand about this virus, but that's IMO. And I'll keep posting what I think is relevant to the coronavirus in California. Thanks.

Old 07-06-2020, 08:32 AM

21,739 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Stories of both extremes are interesting and informative to read, frankly. All part of the learning process.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:00 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
No one EVER said that they didn't. I personally think that you stick your head in the sand about this virus, but that's IMO. And I'll keep posting what I think is relevant to the coronavirus in California. Thanks.
I personally think you’re an extreme pessimist that looks and expects the worst possible outcome. I’ll keep posting what I think is relevant too.

Have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles