Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2008, 02:51 PM

71 posts, read 483,177 times

Advertisements

Hi! Since living in Los Angeles, i always debated having a P.O. Box vs physical home address for packages delivery(like books). I was wondering which one is better in terms of safety and speed. Anyone wants to share their experiences? See, i live in an apartment and don't know if i were to order a book, would the post office deliver it to my door. What if i am not around? Will they leave the package at the door or something?

Also, on the gate outside where it lists all the name of the tenants that lives there. My wife name is on there, but my name is not. Would they still be able to deliver it?

Safety as in LOST mails. I am afraid Post office might deliver the book to the wrong address or takes additional days to deliver it since they are waiting for the OPTIMAL times/cost to deliver lots of mails to a certain area. rather than just to one person.

Last edited by LAGuy; 06-14-2008 at 03:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 03:02 PM

240 posts, read 1,423,557 times
A lot of book sellers (like Amazon) deliver using UPS and they don't deliver to P. O. boxes. You would need to rent a box at a private postal center, such as Mail boxes, etc. that rent personal mail boxes, and then make sure that you placed P.M.B. No. " " on the adress to get those packages. It depends on how often you are home, whether your manager will accept packages when you are not there and how many packages you receive whether it is worth it or not to rent a post office box or private mail box or not. I once rented a box at a private mail box company that was not a franchise and the woman there wanted to charge me extra for everything that came in the door for me. I decided it was not worth it. However, if you own a business, it might to be worth it to rent a US postal mail box because I think if you have cash coming in it is probably safer there than in an apartment building mail box.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:09 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,638,569 times
the major courier services do not deliver packages to p.o. boxes. you would have to rent a mailbox from a private company receive mail from UPS, fedex, etc. USPS mail will be still take how long it takes to arrive; any delay in reaching your hands will be determined by the frequency with which you retrieve it. if you go the p.o. box route, your mail will be deposited in the morning, usually by 10.

i'm not sure what you mean by "safety" with regard to mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles