Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 01:43 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,641,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Come to think of it, I should have made this thread all about the positives of living in LA.

Anyone who is happy with their life here care to share? It's not Shangri-La but heck it's a pretty exciting place to live.
that thread already exists...and, if i remember correctly, it is quite long.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
TJ for sure. I have been to places in Los Angeles where it looks like I crossed over the border without knowing it. When will it end? What is Los Angeles coming too? Not just Los Angeles but America?
corner of wilshire and alvarado, yesterday afternoon. OMFG!

Old 07-27-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Oops my faux pas, I did start this thread, but I never compared it with a third world country. It's pretty hot and I'm about to walk out of the house for dinner and some cold alcoholic bevs. Gawd I need it.
you're going to dinner at 11:30am? my goodness, what have you been drinking? i want some!

Old 07-27-2008, 03:18 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,119,229 times
Quote:
You might have to sharpen up on your comprehension skills as I never started this thread, nor did I compare it to a third world country. LA was never built on any premise. Like every where else it develops and you make the best use of the space you have. What constructions are you talking about? The ones down town? Last time I was there 3 years ago I didn't notice a disproportionate amount of new homes being build on top of retail spaces unless it was in a more commercial area.

You ought to visit London and see how we cope with a city whose roads were originally built for horse and buggys.

TJ? I've known parts of LA that have lots of mexicans but I wont go as far as to say it looked like TJ. Hopefully you will like Arkanasas....the best thing about it whenever I was there was leaving it. I'll take a Mesican any day over ignorant bible thumping holly rollers or rednecks.
I need to sharpen my comprehension skills? Hmmmm. Interesting. Have you taken a peek at the spelling errors throughout this rant? I think breeze is right.

Apparently you haven't driven around LA recently. The new buildings in Hollywood have retail on the first floor. The new construction on Wilshire has retail on the first floor and yes DLA as well. As for Arkansas, please don't forget the only President to date who left office without a deficit (actually with a surplus of funds) was born and raised in Arkansas.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:25 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,901,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Totally agree. LA and parts of San Diego, are probably more "TJ" than the actual TJ
Quote:
Before you blast a whole state and it's people, please know what you are talking about.
Hmmm. A bit of pot calling the kettle black? There may be a few areas of Tiajuanafication, but ALL of LA? Perhaps you broad-brushed as well?

PS- Of the twenty or so countries I've visited, India and South Africa (Johannesburg) rank as the two I would least like to visit again.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:47 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,311,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
you're going to dinner at 11:30am? my goodness, what have you been drinking? i want some!

The country I live in, where I’m posting from is 7 HOURS AHEAD OF PACIFIC TIME. It’s also 4 hours ahead of New York and 5 hours ahead of Mexico. If I'm not logged in the time stamp on posts are CT however when I'm logged in It shows my current time which at the moment is 12.46am just gone midnight. This is stuff you should know.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I need to sharpen my comprehension skills? Hmmmm. Interesting. Have you taken a peek at the spelling errors throughout this rant? I think breeze is right.

Apparently you haven't driven around LA recently. The new buildings in Hollywood have retail on the first floor. The new construction on Wilshire has retail on the first floor and yes DLA as well. As for Arkansas, please don't forget the only President to date who left office without a deficit (actually with a surplus of funds) was born and raised in Arkansas.

Yeah I spelled Mexican “mesican”, just a play on the actual spelling and pronunciation and I placed too many "a's" in Arkansas - bite me

Sure LA is going to hell because their building condos on top of retail stores.....

Old 07-27-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
What exactly do you know about Arkansas anyway? It's a beautiful state and just because it sits in the bible belt, does not make it a bad thing. I'd rather take "bible thumpers" and "rednecks" instead of a wannabe TJ...
My husbands family are from Arkansas and I'd hardly look down on them. They were poor, lived in the hollows of Arkansas, many still do, but his grandparents broke out and moved to San Diego at an early age. His grandfather got into politics in National City and is responsible for starting the Mile of Cars down there.
Before you blast a whole state and it's people, please know what you are talking about.
Who said it was bad a place? And yes I've been there at least half a dozen times and most likely seen more of your own country than you have. Happy for your grand pappy....I think a lot of families have rags to riches stories...you aren't alone.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:03 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,738,563 times
Quote:
Who said it was bad a place? And yes I've been there at least half a dozen times and most likely seen more of your own country than you have. Happy for your grand pappy....I think a lot of families have rags to riches stories...you aren't alone.
I'm pretty confident in saying that I don't think you have seen more of MY country than I have. You come across as pretty condenscending (or maybe it's just the alcohol) so I'm through conversing with you for now.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:09 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,738,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
Hmmm. A bit of pot calling the kettle black? There may be a few areas of Tiajuanafication, but ALL of LA? Perhaps you broad-brushed as well?

PS- Of the twenty or so countries I've visited, India and South Africa (Johannesburg) rank as the two I would least like to visit again.
I think that I said that there are outlying areas of LA that are nice...but there are also parts that I would not set foot in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles