Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,812,603 times

Advertisements

open your wallet. with as finacialy strapped for money ca is i doubt that you'll be able to beat it even if it's your first offence! but good luck to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 09:50 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historymaker06 View Post
I got today a ticket for parking at West Hollywood library , parking lot.
I read the signs. Everything seems okay. There was no sign saying - NO LIBRARY PARKING!
There was a sign saying Library Staff needs Permit.
When i came out, they issue me a ticket of $50! STUCKS! It was my first and last time at this f....king Library!
I guest they make over $1000 every day at that lot!
I call the library to inform them. They said i will have to call the city! I ask them to put up a sign, so that innocent people will not fall in this trap. They said i will have to request the sign from the city.
BOYCOTT WEHO!

Exactly WHO is supposed to park there if not the library patrons? You should register your cars in OTHER states so that you don;t have to mess with all of the BS. When you register in other states, they can't withhold your auto tag registration like the DMV does when you have a Calif plate. If stopped by a policeman, just tell him that you are on vacation, job interview, etc. Just make sure that your insurance info matches the other state's registration.

Last edited by wehotex; 02-09-2013 at 10:01 AM..

Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
Yes, it can impound, but only the DMV can deny registration.
Are you sure about that? I lived in both Long Bch and West Hollywood. Back then, the motorist was allowed so many tickets in [i]each city before the boot was applied to the car. If memory serves me correctly, LB allowed maybe 5 and West Hollywood maybe 3 before the boot was applied. I checked each ticket carefully for any mistakes. If the make, model or license tag # was wrong, I disputed it and then it was dismissed. That only happened ONCE unfortunately.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:42 AM

1 posts, read 973 times
Default How did you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuziamthecaptain View Post
I'm not going to go into details-- but I ignored the above advice, used the fact that they didn't record my VIN against them, and ended up not being liable for the ticket.. i.e. didn't have to pay.

Don't believe everything you read on the net, I guess. As a citizen, you're obliged to do what you need to do to get out of laws or fines that are unjust. You're not supposed to just bend over and take it.
How did you make the argument about the VIN? I got a parking ticket and they didn't record the VIN either? How can I go about with this? I need to pay the ticket soon. Please help!

Thanks in advanced!

Old 02-20-2014, 05:17 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
They won't even give me an extension. What kind of BS is that? Something as simple as an extension..

Old 02-02-2015, 02:41 AM

1 posts, read 801 times
I got red zone parking ticket for $93. i checked the location address on Google map. but it did not fined it . the ticket says it is W. Observatory. but Google shows E.Observatory.
Can I contest it????

Old 02-02-2015, 11:10 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
Your paying so public employee union members unbelievable pay, pensions, early retirement, and health care for life. Your paying for there brand new houses and new cars in nice neighborhoods. Do you have a new house, car and take vacations and cruses all the time?

Old 02-02-2015, 11:21 AM

925 posts, read 1,334,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.gh View Post
I got red zone parking ticket for $93. i checked the location address on Google map. but it did not fined it . the ticket says it is W. Observatory. but Google shows E.Observatory.
Can I contest it????
If you did the crime... why fight it? The road up to the Observatory is a mess regarding when E or W starts, so good luck

Old 02-08-2015, 11:35 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlendaleParking View Post
How did you make the argument about the VIN? I got a parking ticket and they didn't record the VIN either? How can I go about with this? I need to pay the ticket soon. Please help!

Thanks in advanced!
Recording the VIN, or at least part of it, is state law. The TV news exposed local non-compliance with that a few years ago, and the parking officers are supposed to be doing it now.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:47 AM

1 posts, read 609 times
I parked in West Hollywood on a Sunday night and got a ticket. I looked at the curb and it didn't look like a red zone. The ticket was for parking on a red zone curb. It was too dark to see the curb good so I figured it was not red. I don't understand why the city of West Hollywood doesn't light up the streets so that red zones can be seen. The parking enforcement people obviously know where all the parking violation traps are but I don't. Has anybody ever fought this type of ticket before?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles