Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 10:40 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,900,343 times

Advertisements

I had a reservation for four tonight at a small Italian restaurant, Deluca's Trattoria, in El Segundo tonight, at 7pm. The DW was going to be a little late so I called and told them we'd be 10-mins late for dinner.

I'm not a patient guy, so when we showed up at 7:10 and were told there was a 10-min wait, I wasn't happy that they'd given up our table despite the fact that I called. We waited 20-mins to be seated with the receptionist and waiter apologizing for the delay.

The food was OK, but the ambiance with the 50's 3-piece band was very nice so I figured I'd give it another shot despite my displeasure about the seating.

The waiter was very gracious and I figured we'd get a free desert or something. Needless to say, I was astounded when he told me the entire dinner was comped with their apologies.

Boys and girls, it's an OK restaurant that I hope will get better. But since it was the first time that I'd been there and they were so gracious, I couldn't help but think that these are the kinds of places that will survive in this tough economy. Kudos to them and, if you're in the neighborhood, give them a shot. If for no other reason than they showed some excellent customer care to a fellow CDer tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 10:55 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,854 times
thanks for sharing. i'm in or near el segundo often, and will keep this place in mind. is it on main street?

Old 01-16-2009, 11:14 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,900,343 times
Richmond Street, right next to Second City Bistro and the Wild Orchid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles