Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 04:21 PM
APR APR started this thread

3 posts, read 4,752 times

Advertisements

My fiancee and I are looking at an apartment on Bonito Avenue (end closest to the beach) in Long Beach. Does anyone have any advice/experience in relation to this area?

We are also looking to rent parking spaces/garage if anyone knows anywhere nearby we could do this too.

Many thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 04:37 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
that area is fine, very close to downtown long beach. i would also be very jealous since you would be so close to Supermex, which both my wife and i love. i wish they had one up in LA. anyways, as long as you don't mind a mostly urban area and all that comes with it, you should be fine. just remember that although you would be close to the beach, the beaches in long beach are pretty crummy and have no surf due to the breakwater for the harbor.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:21 PM

916 posts, read 3,700,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
that area is fine, very close to downtown long beach. i would also be very jealous since you would be so close to Supermex, which both my wife and i love. i wish they had one up in LA. anyways, as long as you don't mind a mostly urban area and all that comes with it, you should be fine. just remember that although you would be close to the beach, the beaches in long beach are pretty crummy and have no surf due to the breakwater for the harbor.
If the beach is important you should look at East Long Beach (Peninsula, Belmont shore - east of pier, Naples) instead of downtown.

If urban is desired with nice views, downtown is perfect.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:07 AM

Is the beach nice enough to lay out on/play sports? We are not so concerned about being able to swim in the ocean.

The only issue we currently have is parking, as it is so close to the beach it may be impossible at times.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:22 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,682,777 times
My apartment is on Bonito..its a 7 minute walk from the beach..I move in less than 2 weeks into and will be able to let you know more by then if you havent already moved but its nice.
Very well located close to the beach..close to Rainbow Harbor/The Pike and to Downtown,thats why I chose it haha. But yeah parking close to your own Apartment can be a task at times indeed. Also the beach is nice enough for activities and if you dont find it so your a short drive from other OC beaches.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APR View Post
Is the beach nice enough to lay out on/play sports? We are not so concerned about being able to swim in the ocean.

The only issue we currently have is parking, as it is so close to the beach it may be impossible at times.
Yes. People play volleyball, etc. all the time. You can swim too. You just need to go east of the pier into belmont shore, Peninsula, Naples, etc.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:52 PM

Thank you everyone for your comments. We are still having trouble finding parking so not too sure how we can solve this.

We are more famililar with Hermosa/Redondo, is is much different to this area?

Old 02-10-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APR View Post
Thank you everyone for your comments. We are still having trouble finding parking so not too sure how we can solve this.

We are more famililar with Hermosa/Redondo, is is much different to this area?
They are similar but Belmont Shore is a bit more upscale than Hermosa / Redondo. Hermosa tends to be "frat" central. Belmont Shore has a mix of singles, families, etc. Downtown LB is much more urban than Hermosa / Redondo.

Parking is tough in any coastal town unless you have a garage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles