Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2007, 12:26 PM

128 posts, read 461,744 times

Advertisements

i agree with that too ms. flye. and being that you're from D-town makes your point stick more.......... but

the aspect about rappers rapping about all they know is bogus

Old 03-28-2007, 12:35 PM

9 posts, read 30,236 times
These days there's more evidence for hate towards whites then black hate.
Whites have to be all politically correct while the black man has more
of a right to say whatever they want. Look at the music industry, sports
black man is not hated my friend!!! the only thing I hate about blacks is this god damn crutch you use, " like I'm so hated" when you in fact blacks have more
rights then anyone because of whack-job liberal movements. But get over this, Its 2007 not 1940.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:36 PM

my advice to you "invisible" is to do a good job at work, where you work, join an activist group. there is one called "black N LA" look em up.........

Old 03-28-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Tyler View Post
These days there's more evidence for white hate then black hate.
Whites have to be all politically correct while the black man has more
of a right to say whatever they wants. Look at the music industry, sports
black man is not hated my friend!!! the only thing I hate about blacks is this god damn crutch you use, " like I'm so hated" when you in fact they have more
rights then anyone because of whack-job liberal movements. But get over this, Its 2007 not 1940.
Well said Greg. But like you said "music industry, sports" ......

enuff said.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:01 PM

33 posts, read 135,103 times
First off, I apologize for the length of this response. I think it bears saying that people can easily recall these incidents of "ghetto blacks" because these incidents are viewed with such disdain and hatred and are thus more likely to be remembered. It is unlikely that one will readily recall seeing an "average" black person who has not called attention to themselves by acting in the foolish manner that is being discussed in many of these threads. Examples of such "average" law abiding African-Americans abound, but people are not likely to go on a forum and say "Oh! By Golly I saw a "normal" black person today walking down the street!". It doesn't warrant any special notation...it doesn't stand out in our minds. You know the old saying about good and bad customer service? If you get bad service, you tell everyone...but when you get good service it isn't exactly hollered from the roof tops. I am an African-American female with a husband, 3 kids, college educated, homeowner, employed by fortune 500 company, kids do well in school, husband educated with good paying job...etc and most of the blacks I know would fit into this category. People tend to fixate on the negative as a means of justifying their own twisted stereotypes. I find myself constantly cautioning my children about behaving certain ways in public and in school (not that they ever would) because I know that it will only reaffirm the stereotypes that people have about black children, when, in fact, many of their white classmates are ill mannered, disrespectful, spoiled and selfish and treat the staff at the school terribly...but these children manage to avoid detentions, suspensions, expulsion, arrests and many of the other punishments that constantly plague our african-american youth. I am in agreement that this lack of impartiality on the part of schools and law enforcement officers play an important role in the numbers of black youths in the penal system and dropping out of school...or in possession of school records that show a pattern of "disruptive behavior" that may prevent them from going on to higher education. It isn't that white children are not engaged in these same behaviors...they are just less likely to have documented punishment. The unfortunate thing is that this is noted with amusement by my daughters group of friends (who are mostly caucasion and Indian) and they laugh about the blatant show of hypocracy that is demonstrated by school administrators. For example, a black student may skip a study hall and be sentenced to detention and even in-school suspension while the white child that they skipped class with has a parent call in and say that the offense was excused...he just forgot to call and tell them. Or some young men are caught in a game of "tag gone bad" with some caucasion girls who incidently initiated this game of touching people in inappropriate manners, another girl is upset because the young man refuses to "tag" her due to her reputation, she then tells the principal about the little game, the young boy is expelled at the request or demand of the girls family and the girls escape punishment and receive a slap on the wrist. Ironically, the caucasion young man who was also involved in the incident receives an in school suspension as opposed to being expelled. These are not exceptional incidents in the midwest as teachers and administrators grapple with their own misconceptions that the media has fed them.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:09 PM

36 posts, read 153,998 times
Wink is it a business?...i thought it was a community.

hi ms flye~
you wrote: "Life would be so much easier if you all would just mind your own business."

I don't agree...Although i admire your ability to enjoy an insular society, where you don't worry about things outside of your immediate realm.

But many of us want diversity. And with diversity, there should be understanding, respect and equality--otherwise it's superficial. We might as well wear multicoloured masks and ignore our uniqueness. (Oh, and only read american authors if you're an american, or female authors if your a woman...that's the logical conclusion to your proposal, you see.)

Maybe one day i will feel as you do now, who knows? ...As for now, i think the world is more stimulating when we live, work together and respect each other's differences--not merely racial, but individual differences.

I'm not worrying about it...it's just the way I am. (maybe being an artist/creative person makes me choose diversity? Probably. All of my creative friends--black, white, asian, etc. concur.)

Like Sorcerer wrote in an earlier post: "my idea of hell is being stuck in a gated white community. "

Well, i would extend that to say "hell is being stuck in any homogenous setting...where everyone clings to what they are told is the "right way to be" for their sex, race, culture, region. That's hell on earth to me.

If it came to that, then i'd truly have something to worry about. ;-)

Old 03-28-2007, 01:25 PM

16 posts, read 81,005 times
Default lol...you all are crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy View Post
I have nothing against black people for their color. I have many black friends. The issue is the way some of them ACT -- ghetto, ignorant, etc etc. But this exists in every race.

Well, why did you make the comment. If every race has ghetto, ignorant, etc. people then what is the point of the post. You all are crying about why white people are racist and why are black people this and that, making excuses about why you dont like other races, or prove you have friends of another race...blah, blah, blah...

So, what!!! Get over it. Life goes on. Everyone is not going to like you. And I know for sure I dont like everyone. I do not have one white friend and I am quit sure they dont mind at all. But guess what? Neither do I. I have to laugh when I read this stuff. I am from a mixed city, Pontiac, MI not far from a very black city, Detroit, MI and went to college at an majority white college, Kent State Universitiy. So, its nothing to be around another race but I have learned to accept people for who they are. If you are ignorant then that is who you are. If you are ghetto then so be it. I grew up in the hood, ghetto as you all would say and yet I went to a white college, work full time, have no kids and raised by a lovely, beautiful single black parent (mother) so you who want to claim black friends so bad may love me....oh wait you may not because I love to listen to my loud music in the car! Especially R&B!

Have a great day everyone and love yourself! I do!

Old 03-28-2007, 01:45 PM

16 posts, read 81,005 times
[quote=mover007;507491]hi ms flye~
you wrote: "Life would be so much easier if you all would just mind your own business."

You are right it is a community not a business. But my point is you cant make anyone like/love you more than they want to. I mind my own business. That is why I have had no verbal or physical altercations. Because I mind my own business...I love myself too much to worry about how someone else feels about me. They are not there when I am doing great or feeling low. I just think people are so concerned about what someone else is doing that they loose focus on what they need to be doing. Community. No one can speak community to me. I have befriended children that has nothing whether white or black in my neighborhood. I go to a church that helps others regardless of race. I've spent QT with mentally retarded children. Growing up I was in the Big Brother, Big Sister program. Big sister, white. So, getting along is nothing to me. But I figure it will help you all get further in life and not worry so much about others. I value community. I value love which is why I give it. Everyone I run across loves me, you know why? Because I am compassionate, friendly, and dont care about stereotypes. And those that dont love me, so what! lol! I have relationships with all types of people you wouldnt believe. And in response to another comment I rcvd, I said rappers speak how they feel cause I know. I have friends and family members that are well known rappers, NBA and NFL players, and guess what I know that is what they seen cause I seen it with them. And you hear rappers because that is what they do, speak to those that choose to listen. If football, bball players etc. made money by telling everyone their life you would hear the same story. Anything I say is not in general I can only speak for what I have been through because I mind my own business.
Im at work chatting it up so i gotta get outta here but I hope you all have a great day and enjoy the sun....smooooooches!

Old 03-28-2007, 02:42 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candid Canuck View Post
my advice to you "invisible" is to do a good job at work, where you work, join an activist group. there is one called "black N LA" look em up.........
If we had a group called "White N LA" It would be a big race issue. typical double standards!

Old 03-28-2007, 02:54 PM

you're right double standards exist.... one vicious cycle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles