Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 01:42 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennea4 View Post
Hi - I'm making a move down to west LA in about a month, and I'll only have $3,000 at my disposal. Also, I won't have a car (oh yea - don't have a job either).
What walkable (and safe) areas could I get away with staying at for a few months [so that I can buy myself time to find a job]??
I'm 22/F.
Also, what districts/areas would I be most likely to find work at with a BA?
I need to be near a walkable area that would also be easier than other LA areas to find a job at. thanks!
Average rental prices are 1200 and up per month and LA is facing a severe economic downturn. Moving anywhere with only 3K and no job or other resources is foolish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennea4 View Post
It's in creative writing and journalism. But I don't want to get a writing job initially because all jobs that involve writing are extremely time consuming (trust me)...they're 24/7 type jobs.
And, of course, I don't want to do anything like be a hooker (as one of you implied, I believe) or sell drugs either. I want a respectable job that allows me to have freetime / a life elsewhere.
If you are seriously planning to move to an expensive area such as LA with only 3K and no job, you need to be prepared to accept any job that comes your way even if it requires overtime.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
If you are seriously planning to move to an expensive area such as LA with only 3K and no job, you need to be prepared to accept any job that comes your way even if it requires overtime.
She is the one who is posting, she has already moved here, has her college degree, is running out of money and now can't find a job..Just thought I would fill you in.

Nita

Old 04-17-2010, 03:08 PM

355 posts, read 1,479,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
She is the one who is posting, she has already moved here, has her college degree, is running out of money and now can't find a job..Just thought I would fill you in.

Nita
Wow, that's a shocker. Who would have thought THAT would be the outcome of the OP's post. I personally thought it was yet another troll post, because it was simply absurd. 24F, $3K, no job...and "what safe area can I rent in for a few MONTHS". Man I was laughing so hard.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
I just found her other thread and its hard to feel too sorry for her as she was well warned. Oh well. She will either accept any job that comes her way or go back home with the parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles