Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:09 PM

73 posts, read 132,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read Culture of Critique View Post
Because they don't have Tony Villar and a city council full of cretins.
Sometimes, in my mind I compare sleazy Mayor Tony Villar to NYC's esteemed billionaire Mayor Michael Bloomberg for fun and I just laugh.

How did LA get stuck with that idiot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 01:51 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,401,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4SV View Post
Sometimes, in my mind I compare sleazy Mayor Tony Villar to NYC's esteemed billionaire Mayor Michael Bloomberg for fun and I just laugh.

Why don't you enlighten us on how your come to your conclusion that the mayor of Los Angeles, Antonio Villaraigosa is an idiot compared to the Republican now Democrat multi-capitalist mayor of NYC? Inquiring minds want to know, not!

Old 04-14-2010, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Ironic, seeing LA is much poorer than New York, San Francisco, DC and Chicago. Hell, even Dallas.

Living completely on credit isn't really admirable.
Do we sense a little jealous from a classy New Yorker? Why don't you try to wow us with some photos of New York city & see if we stay awake?

Old 04-14-2010, 10:25 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,369,869 times
Quote:
Ironic, seeing LA is much poorer than New York, San Francisco, DC and Chicago. Hell, even Dallas.

Living completely on credit isn't really admirable.
I know people in other parts of the nation pay cash for their cars right? As far as buying a Ferrari on time, or a Rolls Royce, or some other exotic, the Dealers for those cars deal in cash meaning that those brands don't finance you. I know six men that own Ferraris and they all paid cash. I know 4 men than drive Rolls Royces and they also paid cash. I drive a Porsche and I paid cash. (Mine is not new though.)

Old 04-14-2010, 10:42 AM

142 posts, read 442,366 times
Quote:

Laughing out Loud...here's a clown from NYC telling us in LA about electing "good" leaders. This the city that brought us Rudy Guliani!!!

You do nothing to back up your charges of sleziness...b/c they aren't true. LA is far more open-minded than NYC voters...we elected Tom Bradley mayor in 1973...one of the first black mayors of any major US city. And now we have elected a Mayor who happens to be Latino. You guys seem stuck on old, rich white guys. How 20th Century of you.

Bradley was a great mayor. Also, Bradley (like Villaraigosa) "earned" his position and didn't BUY it like Bloomberg.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:51 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,979,233 times
Yea NYC policticans pale in comparsion to LA's. NYC's is like playing musical chairs. Nonetheless, Tony Villar is a god awful mayor. People are excited over the expansion of trains right now but he is a joke. Failed the bar 4 times and changed his name to sound more Hispanic to get votes. Don't get why people respect the man. Its like people also forgot he loves adultery. Once again, dude is a joke.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:27 AM

142 posts, read 442,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Yea NYC policticans pale in comparsion to LA's. NYC's is like playing musical chairs. Nonetheless, Tony Villar is a god awful mayor. People are excited over the expansion of trains right now but he is a joke. Failed the bar 4 times and changed his name to sound more Hispanic to get votes. Don't get why people respect the man. Its like people also forgot he loves adultery. Once again, dude is a joke.

The list of politicians who have failed the bar exam is long....to name just two: Mayor Richard Daley (Chicago). Hillary Clinton failed the DC bar exam in the 1970's.

Adultery by political leaders???...again the list is long. Who cares? None of your or my business, really.

Your critique really offers no real analysis or disucssion of why Tony's record as a PUBLIC servant is so terrible?? What has he done or not done that makes him so god awful bad?

Old 04-14-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
You often sound like a super rightwing Republican expressing concern over a person's morals. Are you an evangelical who thinks he\she is so holy? It must be rough being so out of sync with the rest of California. Has anybody you voted for even won an election in California? Also your racist undertones are telling.

Like many contemporary married couples, Villaraigosa assumed his wife's last name as well. I guess that is so alien to someone who probably views women within the prism of the religious right!

Old 04-14-2010, 01:02 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,369,869 times
You mean that more politicians have committed adultery? I would have never figured that to be the case. Wouldn't you think that the news would let us know? lol

Old 04-14-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
You mean that more politicians have committed adultery? I would have never figured that to be the case. Wouldn't you think that the news would let us know? lol
Do you think most men commit adultery? I think the male sexual drive makes monogamy very difficult. Maybe a good question for another forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles