Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 01:45 PM

5 posts, read 15,109 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are relocating back to KY after being away for 2 years. Both of us have leads on jobs, but no solid offers yet. We decided on L'ville because it has everything to offer for a young couple. We both graduated from Centre, & have never lived in Louisville. We will live anywhere in the metro area, but are weary about living in an unsafe area.

We are wanting to continue renting an apartment/house for the time being. Unfortunately our credit scores are not the greatest & because of this getting the dream place is not always possible. Since we are a 10 hour drive away now, our search is predominantly online, until we actually move down on the 31st.

We are good people, have raving references from previous landlords just have bad credit scores. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 01:57 PM

149 posts, read 525,393 times
Hi

I have family in various spots in Louisville and I've found the Newburgh area very ideal (around Bardstown Rd.). Old Louisville has the wonderful homes downtown with the huge windows that I love as well, but there's the other side of downtown that is sketchy to say the least.

You can try apartmentfinder.com or even craigslist (just make sure and investigate your findings) and any address you come across make sure you Google map (my pref) or Yahoo map it. You can get Apartment Finder sent to you so that you could look at the listings in the book. Good luck!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:50 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,753,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb.morris View Post
My boyfriend and I are relocating back to KY after being away for 2 years. Both of us have leads on jobs, but no solid offers yet. We decided on L'ville because it has everything to offer for a young couple. We both graduated from Centre, & have never lived in Louisville. We will live anywhere in the metro area, but are weary about living in an unsafe area.

We are wanting to continue renting an apartment/house for the time being. Unfortunately our credit scores are not the greatest & because of this getting the dream place is not always possible. Since we are a 10 hour drive away now, our search is predominantly online, until we actually move down on the 31st.

We are good people, have raving references from previous landlords just have bad credit scores. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Be more specific. where will you work? Age? Kids? Yard or no? Highrise or lowrise? House or condo? pets? rent or buy? urban, suburban, exurban, or rural?

Be more specific and I will help. In general, craigslist is your best bet. If you are from rural KY, Louisville will seem like a very big city, but in the grand scheme, it is a mid sized town with some big city amenities but small town charm.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:19 AM

5 posts, read 15,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Be more specific. where will you work? Age? Kids? Yard or no? Highrise or lowrise? House or condo? pets? rent or buy? urban, suburban, exurban, or rural?

Be more specific and I will help. In general, craigslist is your best bet. If you are from rural KY, Louisville will seem like a very big city, but in the grand scheme, it is a mid sized town with some big city amenities but small town charm.
Let me give more details, we both will be working inside the loop, not necessarily downtown. Neither of us care to have a commute but we do want to avoid heavy traffic areas if possible. I'm 24, boyfriend is 26. We have no kids.

We would be happy living in any type of building. We do have a dog that we would love to bring with us, but she is staying with family for the time being. So bringing her down doesn't have to happen as soon as we move. We are definitely wanting to rent for the time being. We would like something youthful, whether that be suburban or urban. Thank you for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area