Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 01:57 PM

511 posts, read 2,477,421 times

Advertisements

Another important man in our country, and world today will be stopping by Macon. Barack Obama is planning to attend Sunday Services at Harvest Cathedral, a church I happen to be a member of and attend every sunday. Harvest Cathedral is located right off Rocky Creek Road in Macon, Georgia.

Its funny how so many great people look to spend there time in Macon, Georgia. A city so filled with all these horrible things that scare people away. Along with him will be Senator John Edwards, its such a great thing to see so many influencial people come by Macon. To tell you the truth I think Oprah (An endorser of Barack Obama) told him how great Macon is and how she enjoyed Nu Way.

The ceremony is only open to members of the church and invited guest. However being the civil man I am, I will take as much photos as possible. You can find the images on here around 3 P.M. Sunday January 27, 2008. Keep in tune for more information. Also expect news from Hilary Clinton to speak in Macon, eventhough her husband was here this past wednesday, as the Georgia primaries near closer, and candidates try to make there impression on Macon and the rest of Middle Georgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 02:11 PM

Default John Edwards is Coming to Dublin!

John Edwards will speak Sunday at the Farmer's Market in Dublin at 1 P.M. which isn't to far from Macon, just east on Interstate 16, about 30 minutes. Dublin is home to state Rep. Dubose Porter, another backer of the former North Carolina senator. I will keep you all informed on this as well. Also expect news from Hilary Clinton to speak in Macon, eventhough her husband was here this past wednesday, as the Georgia primaries near closer, and candidates try to make there impression on Macon and the rest of Middle Georgia.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:48 PM

177 posts, read 221,676 times
I guess now you`ll try to claim Dublin (which is where I`m from) as a suburb of Macon, huh??LOL

Old 01-25-2008, 03:41 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,971 times
Well it appears Obama is pandering big time for the black vote.. and what better place to do it then Macon? No doubt he will probably meet with Hakim Mansour Ellis and promise him an ambassadorship to that African country he likes to visit at taxpayer expense.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:44 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,971 times
Open only to church members?
Is this one of those Separatist "Black Identity" Churches like the one Obama attends in Chicago?
Trinity United Church of Christ

Old 01-25-2008, 04:45 PM

LOL.....Its one of those churches where the pastor is everything...I mean, its all about him and his agenda.
I saw Steve Sawyer in Russia once and I was speaking to one of his members...they were supposedly there on "missions", but he was staying in the same hotel I was (a very expensive one) and the next 2 days, we seen them at upscale shops and dining in the same places we were. He`s one of those crooks who makes sure all the morons that attend pay thier tithes on time...LOL

Old 01-25-2008, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,655 times
Default Hey peelo

Hey peelo, this is steve sawyer. why didn't you talk to me in Russia, dude? (Moscow I presume). Only nice hotels we frequent on our usual way to SIBERIA is the Novotel at the airport. I agree--Way too expensive. You must not be married, or you'd understand following your wife around expensive shops. I actually teach tithing as a principle (that changed my life) not a law. And I'm very sorry the Obama campaign stated invited guests only...I've asked them to change that. We want all to come, always. BY the way, I'm a conservative. Go figure. As for the black separatist deal, we are actually very diverse. Our racial makeup closely matches Middle Georgia. We have Republicans and Democrats, rich and poor, white, black, and a bunch of nations, professional and blue collar and single moms by the hundreds. Come see us. Dude, I've actually stayed in places in Siberia that I had to put my bottled water in the refrigerator to keep it from freezing. Why were you in Russia? Our organization has helped found about 600 churches there.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:11 PM

Harvest Cathedral is very diverse, and please, please do not try to slander its name. Barack Obama must have found something interesting about the church to want speak there instead of some other church.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:59 PM

383 posts, read 723,179 times
Yeah but the republicans will try to scare white voters about obama's church. That's the only way they have a shot at winning the election. But it won't work this time, because obama is not jesse or al shaprton. Its alot harder to convince whites that obama belong's to a seperatist church that is only for blacks. When his mother is a white woman from kansas. His church that he attends is pretty diverse actually. But im sure fox news, sean hannity, and bill oreilly will try to use it against him some way. Nobody knows what church or who the pastor of their church is when it comes to other presidential candidates. Only obama i wonder why?

Old 01-25-2008, 07:02 PM

I never actually saw you....I said I spoke to someone with you (I think his name was Stan or something...big black guy)....But to answer your question, I was over there looking into some investments and to meet with some other investors on globalization, the Russian real estate market and economy.
Yes, I am married, which is what I was doing in the shops also. I never said anything concerning "black separatist". What I said was he was doing the same thing that Ol` Bill was doing here when he came....making sure he conjures up the black vote. And yes, I have heard your church has a very diverse makeup. I, however, tend to focus more on relationship than religion and on having a personal relationship with God as opposed to a, I believe its called a "spiritual authority" format, which, in my opinion, is nothing more than putting one man and his agenda on a perch he shouldnt be on. BUT that is my opinion. You guys do whatever you desire to and if it works for you Mr. Sawyer and M.O.M., then that is great. More power to you. I will say though Mr. Sawyer, that your parishioner MayorofMacon is blind to the trouble and terrible condition Macon is in. Maybe an outreach ministry would open his eyes to the true Macon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon