Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For whom are you voting?
Eliot Cutler 1 1.92%
Paul LePage 27 51.92%
Libby Mitchell 13 25.00%
Shawn Moody 1 1.92%
Kevin Scott 0 0%
I don't know yet. 10 19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:43 PM

134 posts, read 344,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Now, I have not laughed like that in a while. Thanks, Maineah!
agreed

Old 11-03-2010, 03:31 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,265,079 times
Lepage is barely ahead, but he is ahead at this moment

What happened to Libby Mitchell?? I guess bill clintons endorsement didnt go very far

Elot cutler- wow!! he came in like Nor'easter

Nationally, the house of rep. was steamrolled by republican wins- Queen Pelosi lost her throne

Old 11-03-2010, 06:19 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,709,803 times
Paul LePage has been elected governor and Maine has elected Republicans to BOTH houses in Augusta. It will be fun to watch. It has been about four decades since we have been in this situation in Maine. Our new legislature is like the dog that caught the pickup truck. I hope they know what to do with it.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:32 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,724,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Paul LePage has been elected governor and Maine has elected Republicans to BOTH houses in Augusta. It will be fun to watch. It has been about four decades since we have been in this situation in Maine. Our new legislature is like the dog that caught the pickup truck. I hope they know what to do with it.
I have not seen this confirmed yet??

My wife who is heavily involved in elections in Lewiston knew last night that Lepage won by a large margin and that is profound considering Lewiston has always voted heavily democratic..

Old 11-03-2010, 06:48 AM

169 posts, read 283,469 times
LePage won, but not by a large margin in the state. When we went to bed it was a dead heat between Cutler and LePage, but the more rural districts weren't counted yet. It isn't official yet, and probably won't be figured out for a while, but LePage is ahead and I think he'll probably stay that way.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:13 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,690,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
Lepage is barely ahead, but he is ahead at this moment

What happened to Libby Mitchell?? I guess bill clintons endorsement didnt go very far

Elot cutler- wow!! he came in like Nor'easter

Nationally, the house of rep. was steamrolled by republican wins- Queen Pelosi lost her throne
Good riddance. Unfortunately Harry Reid is still around. Too bad the Republicans couldn't have taken the Senate too. Tea party to blame??? Tea Party the reason Republicans took so many seats in Congress??? I don't know. It's hard to tell. We'll take what we can get anyway. Who would have thought Republicans would have had the wins they got last night two years ago?? They were considered a dead party. Thank you Mr. Obama for waking the sleeping giant!
I know one thing ...the Tea Party and the Republicans had better get their act together in the next two years and find a candidate that will trounce Obama. It isn't going to be Sara Palin. She's popular with far right men but independents and a lot of women don't like her. I'd vote for her but my wife said she couldn't listen to her grating voice for 4 years.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
I have not seen this confirmed yet??

My wife who is heavily involved in elections in Lewiston knew last night that Lepage won by a large margin and that is profound considering Lewiston has always voted heavily democratic..
Maybe it's the "French connection"?
Lewiston people saw him as a kindred soul.....

Old 11-03-2010, 08:16 AM

37,496 posts, read 61,484,089 times
I am amazed that while there were only two 'questions' for bonds to raise taxes; both of them passed.

It seems that Mainers when voting can not turn down any attempt at raising taxes.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I am amazed that while there were only two 'questions' for bonds to raise taxes; both of them passed.

It seems that Mainers when voting can not turn down any attempt at raising taxes.
You got that right Forest! It speaks to the "it's only money" attitude of the voters in Maine. I have never voted to pass a bond issue but I have yet to see one defeated!! Some Mainers think the bond money falls from the sky....So let's buy more land for conservation.....REALLY with what??
How about the state paying back the money it owes doctors (about a billion) for Mainecare and Dirigo health before we spend more on land they will lock up forever.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,709,803 times
The Republicans are holding a victory rally at 11 AM in the Hall of Flags in the State House in Augusta. Cutler knows that. He is going to hold a press conference at noon in the hope that the rally in Augusta will be over by then. I figure Cutler will do one of two things: Come out fighting and demand a recount or be gracious and congratulate Paul LePage on his win. We'll know by 12:30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine