Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 11:34 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

GREENVILLE, Maine - The Black Frog Restaurant's version of the "Naked Lunch" may soon be banned, sharing the fate of William Burroughs' novel of that name.

A sandwich called the Skinny Dip, featuring sliced prime rib in a baguette roll, has been offered free of charge to anyone willing to plunge naked from the restaurant's dock into Moosehead Lake.

Since the free sandwich offer was introduced three years ago, owner Leigh Turner has found plenty of takers. "We've had two or three a week," he said.

Upgrade Browser

Old 10-06-2007, 06:57 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
a perfect case of one prude having control against a group of people just trying to have fun.....grrrr....but, unfortunately, in rural Maine an establishment can't exist without a liquor license!! and I'm sure that prude knows that.....

well El, guess we won't be going THERE....have to stick to Forest's woods

Thanks John for the thread!!

Old 10-06-2007, 07:01 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
I'd have to go just to break the rules!!

Old 10-06-2007, 07:03 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
PS. She was probably pissed because her husband was looking!!

Old 10-06-2007, 07:07 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
isn't that usually the way?? there's always Naked Bowling in Old Town....but we may be too young for that group.... lol

Old 10-06-2007, 02:05 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
always someone to spoil a good thing,,
i like the concept tho,,,maybe i can parlay something like that to my meat market,,id want to tailor it just to the woman tho..

Old 10-06-2007, 05:20 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Too bad I don't "do" water... sounds like fun otherwise. No problem with the nudity here, just the jumping into the WATER. Unless I have someone along to fish me out.. quick, before I can drown and miss that lunch.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:04 PM

306 posts, read 1,036,608 times
I've done worse for a sandwhich.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:52 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappycamper View Post
I've done worse for a sandwhich.
Brr...I would just to say I did, but BRRRR!!! Do tell, unhappycamper!

Old 10-07-2007, 09:12 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,579,285 times
Thumbs up Black Frog

More on blackfrog.com
Booze - Apps - Soups - Salads - Sammiches - Burgers - Entree's - Fried Chicken - Dessert's - Top 10

To our old guests and friends from the Road Kill Cafe and the Frog Rock, we're delighted to see you again...and what a long strange trip it's been. To those of you who are new to our version of North Woods Cuisine, sit back and enjoy yourself, but we do have a few ground rules for you to keep in mind:

1. Appropriate dress required, i.e. a shirt and shoes (for ladies, the shirt requirement can be waived).
2.Do not steal this menu. Extra menus are available from the bartender.
3. Our employees are working here while searching for a real job. We refuse to pay a living wage so don't make their lives any more miserable then they already are.
4. Bring in something interesting and it will go on the wall in perpetuity - if it's really good, we'll trade you something for it.
5. No food fights unless specifically authorized by your server.
6. We accept cash, Visa, cash, Master Card, cash, Discover, cash, and cash.
7. When dining in the Moosehead Lake Region, never ASSUME it's a raisin.
So sit back, feel free to make a fool of yourself, and have a great time.
BOOZE
Our bartenders have little experience and are working here while searching for a real career so don't expect them to know about some exotic drink served south of Skowhegan to underage girls with fake IDs who don't like the taste of liquor. If you can describe it, we'll give it our best shot...
Canadian Nachaux......Not bad for being 3000 miles from Tijuana....6.95
Scallops Wrapped in Bacon with real maple syrup. Mariette's favorite...7.95
Stuffed mushroom - A portobello mushroom with crabmeat stuffing and melted cheese. Environmentally correct...5.95
Half a Rack, Half a Rack, Half a Rack Onward: Baby Back Pork Ribs with our own BBQ sauce - This little piggy went to market and got cooked. He should have stayed home...10.95 Full Rack...16.95
Skins: Stuffed spuds with melted cheese, bacon and sour cream....5.95
Moose Wings: And you thought only buffalos had wings.....5.95
Onion Rings: Battered and deep fried with that lovely, sinful, greasy patina aftertaste.....4.95
Smoked Trout with Horseradish Sauce: For the discriminating palate who really wanted to go to the Greenville Inn....6.95
Who Cut The Cheese???: Fresh Garlic Bread with melted cheese.....3.95
Chicken Toes: Declawed of course.....4.95

Jalapeno Peepers: Authentic northern Maine Spring Peepers. stuffed with cheese and deep fried to perfection.... 6.95

Sara's Brandy Pate': Sara has a voice that belongs on a XXX rated 900 number - it's just as smooth as her pate'...5.95
Shrimp Cocktail: What the hell - we have the baked stuffed shrimp so we might as well offer these...8.95
Boom Logs: Mozarella sticks with marinara sauce - works the opposite of prune juice...4.95
Served in a crock or choose a bread bowl for an extra 1.25
Richard's Chili: He won't be back but the chili will!!!....4.95
Seafood Chowder: Not bad considering we've tried a bunch of them. This one is the best....5.95
French Onion Soup: Made here with caramelized onions, melted cheese, and croutons....3.95
Lobster Chowder: Made fresh to order... 5.95
SALAD SCHMALLAD
Cook's Salad: If we call it a chef's salad, she'll want more money....7.95 Salad Plate: Served with cottage cheese. pasta or potato salad. Choose Fruit, Chicken, or Tuna for 6.95 or, for those for whom money is no object, Lobster for 9.95. Available as a plate, a wrap, or as a sandwich.
Caesar Salad: Did I spell that right? Not as good as the North End, but then again you're not in the North End are you....5.95 Or with:
Grilled marinated chicken....6.95 Filet Mignon sauteed in garlic....9.95

SAMMICHES
All sandwiches are served with fries or potato salad and a pickle, well, we think it's a pickle...it's green anyway. The Chicken That Didn't Make it Across the Road: Grilled, marinated chicken breast with chutney and melted cheese, served in a bulky roll. A best seller...5.95
Plain ole (but exceptional) BLT.....no explanation necessary.....4.95
The Misteak on the Lake: Either a great steak sandwich or our newest venture. Sauteed steaks tips with melted cheese, green peppers and onions in a baguette roll...7.95
Tom's Tragedy: Sliced turkey with homemade stuffing, cheese, and cranberry sauce served on thick bread..."Thanksgiving Dinner on Toast"...5.95
Lobster roll: Better than you are expecting - all claws and knuckles... 9.95
Tree Hugger: A Portobello mushroom with melted cheese, roasted peppers and onions....For all you Greenies out there......4.95
The Moose is Loose: A full slice of prime rib with melted cheese and caramalized onions, served on a baguette. Best of the sandwiches....6.95
Ham,Turkey, Chicken Salad or Tuna Salad Club with bacon, lettuce and tomato...6.95
Squirrel Island Fish Sandwich: Haddock on a bulky...6.95
All burgers come with fries, lettuce, tomato and onion and a pickle. Plain Ole Burger: Need we elaborate?...4.95
Cheesey Weasel: With cheddar....5.95
Porky: Add on bacon along with the cheese....5.95
Skunk Breath: Sauteed green peppers and onions....5.95
Chilly Burger: Yes, it gets cold here in the winter...5.95
Fungus: Sauteed Mushrooms and cheese....5.95
Pile up: Everything we've got....6.95All entrees served with rolls, veggie, choice of potato, and house salad or cole slaw
BBQ Pork Ribs: Choice of full rack or 1/2 rack - We use a unique sauce created by one of our sons after a night of debauchery. If these aren't among the best you have ever had, they're free but we want the other recipe...Full Rack...21.95 1/2 Rack....15.95
Chish and Fips - Faddock Hilet with satyr toss....9.95
Looks like steak, Smells like steak, Must be steak: Your choice of NY Strip or Rib Eye for 16.95 Filet Mignon for 19.95
Baked Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp - Yeah, we know the name "jumbo shrimp" is an oxymoron, but we think you'll enjoy these... 17.95
Big Squaw Lasagna: Feel like running to Rockwood? The epitome of carbo loading with cheese, meat, pasta, tomato sauce, and whatever else was in the walk in - we can serve this for almost 2 weeks after it's made and it keeps getting better and better...9.95
Mooseballs: Unquestionably the tenderest cut of the moose. Sauteed or broiled to perfection and graced with our own special sauce. Requires 48 hour advance notice and 25% deposit...1,495.00
Fettucini Al Moosehead: Choice of al fredo for 8.95 or today's variation - Sometimes it's lobster, sometimes scallops sometimes chicken.... Ask your server for details.
Fried Clams. Fried Oysters or Fried Scallops: Served with cole slaw and choice of potato salad or fries: ... Market Price
Seafood Platter: You will NOT walk away hungry - Clams, Haddock, Oysters and Scallops with fries and cole slaw:... Market Price
Baked Stuffed Haddock: Ok, ok, ok.....you wanted more nonfried fish selections. Try stuffing this.....12.95
FROGGY'S FAMOUS FRIED CHICKEN
Made with a recipe lifted off the internet rivalling the Colonel's own, served with fries, cole slaw, and a biscuit for the low, low price of 6.95. Take out is also available for a complete dinner, or by the piece, the box, the tub or the 55 gallon barrel full depending on how hungry you are.
DESSERT
We were going to list all of the desserts here but the menu had already gone to print so you will have to ask your server. If your server doesn't know, feel free to go in the kitchen and find out. If no one in the kitchen knows, check out the reach-in refrigerators. If there's nothing there, go across the street to Jamo's and get a Ring Ding.

Now as you can imagine, we get asked all sorts of questions about the last few years, the area, local customs, traditions, directions etc., so to save time, here are
THE TOP TEN
Answers To The Most Frequently Asked Questions:
A deer becomes a moose at age 4.
2. Yes, there are lobsters in Moosehead Lake but they are very small.
3. We know all about the Road Kill Cafe but we're tired of talking about it. If you insist, the bartender can give you the details.
4. 38 below zero.
5. No.
6. A little over 6"
7. 32 miles long, 300 islands and 518 miles of shoreline.
8. It burned - get over it.
9. Yes, you can get there from here but you won't like it.
10. That's not how you pronounce Kokadjo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine