Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 05:13 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,455,467 times

Advertisements

Wonder if they'd take a bag full of outgrown shoes from 3 kids!!

Old 10-10-2007, 04:38 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,537,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Hot Damn!

"It's true, if you bring in something really cool you can get something in return. Many drinks have been exchanged for the neat license plate or bucket full of insulators."

I knew all of this old junk...er, I mean, these fine antiques would come in handy for *something*. And here she was telling me just the other day that I needed to rent a dumpster and get rid of it all. Why, the nerve of her!
LOL Can someone say pack rat?

Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,135,303 times
Pack rat!! me too....I'm trying to get better about it though--my goal is to be able to park 2 cars in my 2 car garage!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:24 PM

7,061 posts, read 9,117,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
LOL Can someone say pack rat?

Hahahahahaha...absolutely. I keep *anything* that *may* have some value or use in the future. Even worse, I have all of my father's stuff, and he retired early and used to collect things as well as swap stuff at flea markets and antique shows.

I have stuff here that I haven't got the faintest idea what it is or what it was used for...but it still works and somebody somewhere will know what it is. I keep meaning to put some of it on E-Bay, but...

On the other hand, some stuff that I've saved *has* come in handy at some point in time- making repairs to some other thing, making a contraption to perform some task rather than buying something from a store.

I was raised with a saying- "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without."

There have been times when I've finally thrown something away...only to find that some relatively soon time later I could have used that particular thing for something that I needed to do...and then had to go *buy* something to do it with.

Garage: a place to store enourmous quantities of "stuff" of questionable value while automobiles worth thousands of dollars sit outside rusting.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:05 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,669,957 times
Quote:
I was raised with a saying- "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without."
So were my kids. And we are all VERY GOOD at all four parts. However to NOT become too much of a pack rat I started from a "do I REALLY NEED this or can I somehow improvise otherwise" space... and for years I had a philosophy of not increasing "stuff volume." Which meant if I was going to get something NEW (meaning, usually, new to me) something of equal volume had to go to keep the balance.

Right now I am in a thinning mode, which means that if anything comes in something (or some things) of LARGER volume go away... to charity or to the Freecyclers

Old 10-13-2008, 09:23 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,625,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
i like the concept tho,,,maybe i can parlay something like that to my meat market,,id want to tailor it just to the woman tho..
What kind of discount would I get if I hand you my blouse when you hand me my order?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Why don't they just toss the whiner/tattletale into the drink, and then ban them from the restaurant for life?
That can be arranged, but it would be preferable to protest the ruling by lining the front entry in the buff. That's only a suggestion.
Quote:
"It's true, if you bring in something really cool you can get something in return. Many drinks have been exchanged for the neat license plate or bucket full of insulators."
So, if I hand them my shirt, would that work for a drink or lunch?

Old 10-14-2008, 06:29 AM

10 posts, read 15,051 times
Now that the town has "cleaned up" the Black Frog I can bring my family to dinner and not have to be concerned about inebriated individuals imposing their immorality on unsuspecing diners. Should it happen it's simple - I'll pick up the phone and report it!

Old 10-14-2008, 06:39 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,483,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer45 View Post
Now that the town has "cleaned up" the Black Frog I can bring my family to dinner and not have to be concerned about inebriated individuals imposing their immorality on unsuspecing diners. Should it happen it's simple - I'll pick up the phone and report it!
Oh dear.... you really haven't lived in Greenville that long have you! If
you fear inebriation, I fear you've moved to the wrong town again! Hunting season is upon us and all the boys will be there soon!

Anyone want to post the words to the song "going off to deer camp"

Perhaps you should check your local papers for church suppers.

Oh, and be sure to let us all know the response you get from the local LEO's once you make that call. LOL!!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 06:56 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,455,467 times
Folks, let's not feed the trolls! And if you must, use candy corn!! (And do it topless! You never know what freebies you may pick up!) Volunteers?

And I agree with Molly. I also believe that too much government interference and regulating goes completely against the spirit of independence that founded this nation. As it harms none, do as you will.

Last edited by Elcarim; 10-14-2008 at 07:06 AM..

Old 10-14-2008, 06:59 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,135,303 times
Good heavens.... here we go again. Personally I'm against using a liquor license for ransom so that you can force a business to behave in a particular manner. It would be one thing if there'd been fights and people being injured, but seriously....

do you need to try to have this thread closed as well???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine