Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 05:11 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,805 times

Advertisements

Maine town on edge after Zumba instructor accused of prostitution - CNN.com

Also, just another reason to legalize prostitution. Seriously. So much drama could have been avoided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 08:07 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Maine town on edge after Zumba instructor accused of prostitution - CNN.com

Also, just another reason to legalize prostitution. Seriously. So much drama could have been avoided.

Good thing I used an assumed name and paid cash

Old 10-13-2012, 08:08 AM

179 posts, read 494,028 times
classy.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:22 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
I have never understood why the women who in many cases have been exploited and victimized since they were children, are arrested and punished and the "johns" maintain their anonymity.

Perhaps prostitution should be legalized and regulated and the sex workers protected...but (IMHO) while it is a crime....the guilt is more with the "johns" than the women....and any shame they bring on their families or destruction of their careers....is of their own doing. They are not being pimped out and used...they perpetuate the problem....and their wives deserve to know so they can seek medical evalutation as needed to protect themselves and to get treatment as needed.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:00 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,350 times
I live in Kennebunk, and this seems to have become a bigger story everywhere but here. My son called from the Pittsburgh area and it's front page news over there.
Must be a slow news day, nothing else to talk about besides the electioneering.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:15 PM

1,884 posts, read 2,894,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I have never understood why the women who in many cases have been exploited and victimized since they were children, are arrested and punished and the "johns" maintain their anonymity.

Perhaps prostitution should be legalized and regulated and the sex workers protected...but (IMHO) while it is a crime....the guilt is more with the "johns" than the women....and any shame they bring on their families or destruction of their careers....is of their own doing. They are not being pimped out and used...they perpetuate the problem....and their wives deserve to know so they can seek medical evalutation as needed to protect themselves and to get treatment as needed.
Haven't there been double standards for women and men since the beginning of time?

Old 10-13-2012, 12:17 PM

1,884 posts, read 2,894,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
Good thing I used an assumed name and paid cash
What if you're on video?

Old 10-13-2012, 12:17 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,200,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Ah, this may seem trivial to you, but the "woman" hasn't been convicted yet. Therefore, the existence of "johns" has not been established yet. I know all the keyhole peepers can't wait to read all these people's names in the paper, but how about letting the legal process work instead of letting your fetishes get the best of you. Cool off and buy a People magazine.

BTW, none of this is directed at this particular poster, but those screaming to see the names.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:33 PM

28 posts, read 50,490 times
Thanks to her videoing her customer enjoying her services, they've got some rather solid evidence. I suppose there's many Johns that are shivering from fear before their few minutes of joy becoming public information. Wonder how many husbands are using this time wisely confessing to the wives before their wives are publicly humiliated before their escapades becomes public information?

Old 10-13-2012, 02:56 PM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
I am not so sure about jumping on to any bandwagon saying that this lady is a victim.

What mindset goes into an alleged illegal profession, with the precondition that all clients will be video-taped and complete records kept detailing all services and transactions?

She was a self-contained sting operation.

For every alleged client she allegedly solicited, she maintained a mountain of documentation against each of them. From what I read, those alleged clients, when they get into court, will each face video footage of every session, plus detailed records of all fund transfers. A Police Department could not have ran a better sting.

I am not saying that the men are victims.

She clearly went into this alleged business, with a goal of hammering a lot of wealthy men. If her alleged activities were 'high-priced' and 'exclusive' then she engineered her business-model to focus on wealthy clientele. It seems to me that her true goal was to strike out at wealth and privilege. They need to be screened for HIV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine