Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:12 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,424,082 times

Advertisements

Which is it? I've heard people rave over Dunkin' Donuts coffee. I honestly wasn't all that impressed. We had better coffee at the coffee shops and restaurants. We also had some of the New England coffee. That was good, and I brought home several bags of it. So, which is your favorite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 11:18 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Not saying it was my fav or even what brand...probably the lovin spoonful one.....but it was served at a "sugaring off" in a sugar shack and was brewed with fresh maple sap...not syrup mind you....sap straight from the tree. With the push of the crowds, the fiddlers playing for lines and quadrilles, the heat of the stoves and body heat of the neighbors and the various sugar treats for the sampling....it was unforgetable!

Old 01-05-2008, 11:18 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,109,921 times
Green Mountain! "Vermont Country Morning" blend is very nice.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:26 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Dunkin' Donuts is pretty good for what it is and I would rather drink that stuff over Farmer's Bros., Folger's, Maxwell House and the like.

Green Mountain is okay, and seems to be the typical restaurant coffee around here. Haven't tried New England or Wicked Joe yet.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:26 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,426,329 times
Baronet Breakfast Blend made in Hartford, Ct.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:53 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Which is it? I've heard people rave over Dunkin' Donuts coffee. I honestly wasn't all that impressed. We had better coffee at the coffee shops and restaurants. We also had some of the New England coffee. That was good, and I brought home several bags of it. So, which is your favorite?
I vote for Dunkin Donuts anytime!! It's a strong, dark roasted rich blend. I grew up in upstate NY and we often went as a family.
Way better than even Starbucks!!
Green Mountain used to be fantastic- in second place.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:59 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Not fond of Starbucks except for their cappacino.....thats pretty good.

The absolute best coffee I ever had and it was predictable where ever I ordered it, was in Japan. I was surprised, I thought in a country of tea drinkers I would be hard put to get a decent cuppa jo. Not so; Blue Mt. Jamacain coffee is the favorite. Coffee is individually ground and brewed by the cup in most resturants and even donut shops. It is fresh and hot and at its flavor peak! (For sugar they have little cups or creamers of a sugar syrup which I suspect is fruitose but I don't know about that.....the cream is double rich and so the little plastic cups are half the size of ours...but it is enough. Great Coffee or "Cawhe" as it is usually pronounced. Coffee is usually served in fairly ornate cups, more like british tea cups--never saw a mug and very very seldom a "bottomless pot"; you pay a good price for a small cup of excellent coffee.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:00 PM

454 posts, read 886,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
I vote for Dunkin Donuts anytime!! It's a strong, dark roasted rich blend. I grew up in upstate NY and we often went as a family.
Way better than even Starbucks!!
Green Mountain used to be fantastic- in second place.
I agree!
I only brew Dunkin Donuts here at the house...we are serious coffee freaks

Green Mountain and New England brands are great as well.

But I can't stomach starbucks...too bitter and acidic.

Has anyone had Freaky Bean coffee, or Maine Roasters...both out of Portland?
(Actually, Freaky Bean just purchased Maine Roasters last month)

Old 01-05-2008, 12:17 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,544,749 times
I'd never heard of Maine Roasters. I need to Google them. No DD for me. My tastes buds scream strong but not flavorful. I like some of Green Mountain's Fair Trades (yup, I'm one of those) Organic coffees a lot. Steve likes Folgers best. What we drink in the morning depends on who got up first.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:21 PM

454 posts, read 886,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I'd never heard of Maine Roasters. I need to Google them. No DD for me. My tastes buds scream strong but not flavorful. I like some of Green Mountain's Fair Trades (yup, I'm one of those) Organic coffees a lot. Steve likes Folgers best. What we drink in the morning depends on who got up first.
Maine Roasters Coffee - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine