Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2008, 11:12 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
I'druther poke my eyes out with a fork.
No strong opinion either way msina??

Old 06-04-2008, 02:25 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
No strong opinion either way msina??
ok....so I click on the thread, last page and see this post from Maineah, with msina's quote....and it's the only post on the page....so, I click to go back to the next page, and when I get to what Labamba said, I knew EXACTLY what msina was replying to....lol

and I couldn't agree more!! there was a brief period of time that I liked him--very real and down to earth, that would have been a looooooooong time ago now....now he's too big for his britches and just finds the most sensational crap he can.....ick!

Old 06-04-2008, 03:17 PM

278 posts, read 700,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
........now he's too big for his britches and just finds the most sensational crap he can.....ick!
Molly - are you referring to ME?

Old 06-04-2008, 05:40 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post

whats everyone else doing on this rainy day?? Tell me.. so I can have more ideas.
Thanks
Lessee... I worked late last night on a website that didn't want to behave so I slept in until about 8 this morning, got up, cleaned up after the mutt who HADN'T stayed up late, but instead got up early and didn't manage to wake me, put same mutt out, read the news, meditated and wrote my daily Words of Wisdom, sent them out to the various lists they go to, printed out invoices, wrote envelopes and got them ready to mail, made a shopping list, printed maps of 2 possible properties to look at, brought Mutt in and then we headed out to Bangor so K could have the auto glass place check on a potential problem with the windshield installation (it was nothing to worry about) and he could get an estimate on a repair of a bubble and rust spot that is developing elsewhere on the car. We had lunch, I picked up some more paint for my hex sign painting, stopped by Bean's outlet (I think they are in Tourist Price Mode now), stopped by WalMart for some of K's meds, office odds and ends and picked up a couple of sale t-shirts "The Hippies Were Right" and -- my favorite -- "Save the Planet -- Duct Tape Can't Fix Everything", picked up odds and ends of groceries at Shaws, gassed up the buggy at Sams and back home by way of Hudson (neither property fits the bill, darn it).

Still don't feel like I have done anything! LOL I much prefer rainy days in the studio, painting.. or playing with any of my hobbies...

Old 06-04-2008, 07:42 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
Molly - are you referring to ME?
LOL!! well I wasn't but with further thought....hmmm

star after reading your post I've realized just how unproductive my day really was!!

BUT, unfortunately it's the last unproductive day I can have at least until Monday.... I've got to get the house ready for the graduation party on Saturday, Class Night is Friday, Graduation is Sunday---and I've told you all this before haven't I.....geez, I'm not too preoccupied am I? I have to get things done though so that I can enjoy it all, hopefully tear free (yea, right)....if I'm on here a lot tomorrow someone give me the 48 hour boot ok.....just kidding!! really....then I'd have withdrawal ....

Old 06-04-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
LOL!! well I wasn't but with further thought....hmmm

star after reading your post I've realized just how unproductive my day really was!!

BUT, unfortunately it's the last unproductive day I can have at least until Monday.... I've got to get the house ready for the graduation party on Saturday, Class Night is Friday, Graduation is Sunday---and I've told you all this before haven't I.....geez, I'm not too preoccupied am I? I have to get things done though so that I can enjoy it all, hopefully tear free (yea, right)....if I'm on here a lot tomorrow someone give me the 48 hour boot ok.....just kidding!! really....then I'd have withdrawal ....
Sounds like our house! We have one graduating this Sunday too! We have the class dinner at Bowdoin College tomorrow night, Award night Friday and Graduation on Sunday followed by a cookout here !! Lots of fun! The graduation present arrived today. A new laptop...... Shhhhhhh!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:02 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Quote:

(
It was certainly not my intention! I really dislike long days in town, when most of the time is spent going from there to somewhere else... I also have to try not to get frustrated by K's wandering when we are in a store... He tends to be a "hunter-gatherer" of the supermarket variety, so I guess his visual browsing makes sense. LOL but unless I have to pass time waiting for an appointment or have deliberately set off to window shop or the like, I am much more a "surgical strike" shopper... and if I do wander (which I did in AC Moore's as I do not know the store yet and there are a few crafty ideas simmering on the back burners for which supplies might be needed) I tend to do it at a brisk walk. Even if I do go down "irrelevant" aisles (like the scrapbooking ones, or the kitschy yard ornaments) on the off chance they might have something that sets off a chain of thought, I don't usually stop long too look at stuff. K, on the other hand, can no longer manage a brisk walk and in a store it was never his mode to start with, so while I like to stay with him (just to keep him from disappearing, as it is amazing how fast a large, long hair and bearded 6'4" tall man can pull the cloak of invisibility around himself) ... well picture a Jack russell terrier walking with a Clydesdale...

Old 06-04-2008, 08:37 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Sounds like our house! We have one graduating this Sunday too! We have the class dinner at Bowdoin College tomorrow night, Award night Friday and Graduation on Sunday followed by a cookout here !! Lots of fun! The graduation present arrived today. A new laptop...... Shhhhhhh!
Nice gift! Don't worry, I won't tell him.

It sounds like you and Molly both are going to have a great time this weekend with all of your kids graduation ceremonies and parties. What a great time! Cookouts... family... hot dogs....kids around!
Hope you all have a wonderful time! Celebrate!
Congratulations to you all.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:41 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
... well picture a Jack russell terrier walking with a Clydesdale...
I got a visual on that,.. very cute.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Nice gift! Don't worry, I won't tell him.

It sounds like you and Molly both are going to have a great time this weekend with all of your kids graduation ceremonies and parties. What a great time! Cookouts... family... hot dogs....kids around!
Hope you all have a wonderful time! Celebrate!
Congratulations to you all.
Thanks! We're looking forward to it! He got his cap and gown today and his " laude" neck thing whatever it's called. He knows about the laptop anyway ...kids always know. It's what we got his sister four years ago. Hers made it all the way through college. With him...well we got the two year full replacement warranty on it I'll put it that way. We're ready rain or shine! The nest is empty this fall!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine