Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:52 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,192,306 times

Advertisements

Just heard a great story on NPR's All Things Considered, regarding a huge UFO seen this week by dozens of citizens of a town in Texas. (Anyone heard from Elcarim lately ??!!)

"Steve Allen, a 50-year-old pilot, was at a campfire with friends and says the object was a mile long and half a mile wide. 'I don't know if it was a biblical experience or somebody from a different universe or whatever but it was definitely not from around these parts'..."

But anyways, I was just wondering if there are such "visits" by extra terrestials to Maine. Inquiring minds want to know...

NPR : UFO Sightings Stream In from Texas Townsfolk

ABC News: UFO Sightings in Stephenville, Texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 04:24 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,426,048 times
Yeah, yeah, yeah! Nope, not me and not in my area. And if the aliens were to come and suck me up into their spaceship, I do hope they'll have the good sense to dump me off in Maine when they're finished with me!

Old 01-16-2008, 04:24 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,204,513 times
i have never seen a u.f.o in all my 4? years.
but once a month my wife turns into a compleat stranger for about a week.
not the woman i merried i think she's an ailean.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:28 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,866,146 times
There are all kinds of UFO's in Maine, as well as the rest of the country. As long as you are talking about Unusually Fat Objects. The outer space type, we are a bit shy on. The first type I see every single morning looking back out at me from my bathroom mirror .

Old 01-16-2008, 04:51 PM

306 posts, read 1,036,887 times
No, not even the space folk want to deal with all the Jersey tourists in the summer.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:56 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
think it was the discovery channel, that featured 2-3 men that went camping in the kathadin area and was supposedly abducted when they were in a canoe.
quite the interesting show!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 06:13 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,085,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
think it was the discovery channel, that featured 2-3 men that went camping in the kathadin area and was supposedly abducted when they were in a canoe.
Whyizzit...

...that the aliens always abduct guys out in the woods and never Rocket Scientists or Atomic Physicists?

Old 01-16-2008, 06:47 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,580,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
They were up to the Allagash sometime in the '60s I think.

Years ago, in Yankee, there was an article about UFO sightings in the Norridgewok area.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:18 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,866,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Whyizzit...

...that the aliens always abduct guys out in the woods and never Rocket Scientists or Atomic Physicists?
Because Rocket Scientists and Atomic Physicists don't sit around drinking warm Naragansett beer and smoking big ol' "fat ones" around a campfire trying to spook each other with stories about Scientists and Physicists who were abducted by aliens.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:58 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,656,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Whyizzit...

well the rocket scientists and atomic physicists I have known are rarely out of doors, which makes abduction MUCH more problematical... LOL

Seriously... I spent quite a few years investigating UFOs with NICAP organization. At one point one of my investigations (with physical evidience) attracted the attention of the Condon Committee and we had one of their fellows following us around on our investigation. Never did come up with a rational explanation for that, but all of the others we did identify... I even got to take a smart-alec TV anchor up on his jibe of "well, when you capture one, bring it in the studio and we'll put you on TV, live..." Yes, one of my wild tales, but true... the "objects" returned while we were in the area interviewing witnesses.. .my partner driving while I was shooting pix out the car windows... found one "landing" on a school athletic field (in San Diego, CA) but the gates were all locked up tight as a drum. Guess who could scale a 6' tall chain link fence wearing a straight skirt <g> but I DID loose the heels before I started over.

It was a dry cleaners bag, held open with a structure of soda straws, with a small candle at the junction of the straws making just enough heat -- and light to reflect off the plastic -- to keep the thing aloft for a bit and give a confusing visual signature.

I snagged it just before it either hit ground or the plastic caught on fire and snuffed the candle.

Stuffed it into my briefcase for the trip to the station where I barged in and called their bluff. They put me in the weather center and had NO IDEA when they came back from commercial, what I would say when I got my 90 seconds of fame. LOL I ID-ed the UFO and issued a plea for the perps to stop, as it was fire season in SoCal...

Another escapade has me written into the legends as "the woman in green" who was sometimes seen accompanying the "three men in black" -- that would have been my two partners and the man from the Condon committee.. we even joked about it when we met him for breakfast and discovered the guys were all wearing black suits. I dunno WHO leaked the story to the "contactee press"... but I read it later in some rag or another along the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: