Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 10:15 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,698,673 times

Advertisements

Maineac decides:
"So I'll carry, I guess. Center of mass."

Nope. With center of mass he can still get a few rounds off before he loses his motivation.

Go for CNS. That's central nervous system or a light switch hit. One round and he crumples. Doesn't even quiver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 06:56 AM

631 posts, read 749,890 times
There are quite a few problems with the switchblade knife repeal.

First off, LD 264 didn't repeal the limitation on one-armed people only being allowed a 3" blade or less for automatic knives.

Second, if you are carrying a switchblade now and you are asked about it, you would have to say you got the knife in New Hampshire, because there's no shops in Maine yet that sell butterfly and switchblade knives. UPS shipping is supposedly the only legal method of shipment.

Third, most cops will probably still attempt to arrest you for a Class D crime.

Would be nice to carry my spyderco spyderfly, but 2risky4me.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:02 AM

506 posts, read 684,508 times
I love all you yahoos who imagine some sort of dream scenario where you shoot the bad guy and save lives because you wear a gun on your hip.

I'm more afraid of some of the pro-gun ranting lunatics than I am of getting caught in a situation with a "bad guy" and a gun.

People are unpredictable.......and many times the "good guys" turn into the "bad guys" after they crack for whatever reason.

Staying away from people as much as possible is the best way to protect yourself from bad circumstances......that's why it is so great to live in Maine.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:17 AM

For every anti-gun statement, another gun is purchased. Belt-fed addon + AR + bump-fire stock

Old 10-17-2015, 07:28 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,698,673 times
Bobby Shoeshine asks:
"Other than infatuation with 70's action films, have you considered actually taking a life?"

Somebody asked me once, "Would you shoot to kill?"

I replied, "I would shoot to live."

You don't shoot because somebody is discourteous, speaks harshly to you or makes a nuisance of himself. You defend yourself as a last resort when your very life is threatened.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:10 AM

The anti-gunner sentiment never sleeps, this is exactly why the NRA exists, because if it didn't, everything would have been banned a long time ago.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:38 AM

1,246 posts, read 1,302,610 times
Bobby Shoeshine- I could quote the Bible which states that each one will be judged onto themselves and not in comparison with another. I could also quote another passage that we shall not know of the Lords thoughts and nor are our thoughts of our Lord Jesus, ... I could go on many areas of this line but what I find revolting is your statement of what Jesus will say on the day of Heaven.
Adding additionally all the crimes being committed against Christians these days.

Your post is rude, offensive, and inflamatory...

Old 10-17-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineborzoi View Post
Bobby Shoeshine- I could quote the Bible which states that each one will be judged onto themselves and not in comparison with another. I could also quote another passage that we shall not know of the Lords thoughts and nor are our thoughts of our Lord Jesus, ... I could go on many areas of this line but what I find revolting is your statement of what Jesus will say on the day of Heaven.
Adding additionally all the crimes being committed against Christians these days.

Your post is rude, offensive, and inflamatory...
You have seen the original version of his post before he changed it. He brought up George Bush and tried to suggest that when Bush left the NRA, it was some sort of way of suggesting that Bush was more reasonable than the NRA itself. I'm pretty sure it's just a troll user trying to get another ride out of gun owners.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:47 AM

1,246 posts, read 1,302,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomkz View Post
You have seen the original version of his post before he changed it. He brought up George Bush and tried to suggest that when Bush left the NRA, it was some sort of way of suggesting that Bush was more reasonable than the NRA itself. I'm pretty sure it's just a troll user trying to get another ride out of gun owners.
All those posts were deleted. I could further a guess but shall refrain.
I was going to remain silent until that reference was made. The thread had been seriously hi-jacked... and yes- I agree with your final analysis as well.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:52 AM

23,570 posts, read 17,249,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi shoeshine View Post
It amazes me that the gun people are so angered and threatened by a conversation. No wonder the NRA continues to dwindle and become Irrelavant as questions are asked. Why are they afraid to debate?

Enjoy your lives of darkness and fear. But do worry that when you should arrive expecting Heaven, Jesus will look at you and say "i dont know you, but I did know you trusted in wayne Lapiere and not I."
Ask why Harry reid was so fearful of debate and crushed it in the senate.

Ask the dems who passed obamacare without reading or understanding that legislation. Are these the folks you suggest be part of the debate?

First a debator has to pay attention and have some understanding of what is being debated.

Ask obama why he avoids debate and goes around the people's representatives.

Tough to debate with the likes of a Diane DeGette from CO who championed banning large cap magazines and had no idea what they were.

Tough to argue an assault wepaons bill when the definition of assault weapons is so random. Firearms included on the list are no different than firearms not on the list. How do you debate that one?

Provide some knowledgable people who can debate, not the ones that pass and favor legislation to restrict firearms that have zero bearing on the very predictable violent crime, clustered in cities downstream of gangs and drugs and dtug buyers.

So you are on a first name basis with Jesus? You need to get your hearing fixed. Doubt He would say that. You must have been listening to someone else, in disguise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine