Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:23 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,420,131 times

Advertisements

That is so funny! I did see a picture of a sign that said "McLobster Roll". Here, they serve "McRib" sandwiches!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 05:32 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
There is an old legend about when they were putting in the pilings for the Route 1 bridge in Wiscassett one of the hard hat divers saw a lobster that he swore was 6 feet long. He refused to go in the water after that incident.
i believe it,,,ive seen a couple large ones, that wouldnt fit into a bushel bait basket,
seen many many large "breeders" the female punchtails that cant be harvested

the larger and older the lobster, the less they want to shed, so many times if you have the chance to eat a 4-5 lb lobster, they are a bit tough and rubbery

maine's minimum measure (length) is 3-8/32" (going by memory)
the lobsterman measure the back (carapace) of the lobster, from the eye socket, to the edge of its back (towards the tail)
maine does have a maximum legal size,(5" on the back),,,new hampshire and mass,,,has a larger legal limit,,(they use to)

most traps now are wire traps,,much more durable, and there's a boat limit of 800 traps...
each trap has an escape hole,,a plastic rectangular exit that small lobsters can crawl out of..

Old 03-10-2008, 05:33 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,239,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
I had forgotten McDonald's does a Lobstah Roll! I'll have to try to remember when they do have them again.
Gout is like rhuematoid athritis, the joint, usually a toe or in the hand develops buildups of uric acid crystals. It's also called Metabolic Arthritis.

The mcdonalds rolls leave alot to be desired, if you know what a lobstah roll is supposed to be.
Gout hurts like all get out. There is no way to get that joint comfortable. I only had the one bout after getting out of the hospital.I didn't drink much water while in there.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:48 PM

474 posts, read 1,417,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainesnowflake View Post
Love lobsters and try to have them atleast once a year. What is the name of the cherry farm in michigan where you get the tart cherry juice? My father gets the gout and I would like to pass on that tip to him, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hey Snowflake,

If you need it in a hurry, I found some at the local Home Economist store. Mostly healthfood stuff - I'm definitely not one of their regular customers, but they have it. I tried the place in Michigan, but since we are leaving for Maine on Wednesday, we didn't think there would be enough time for the shipment to arrive! Besides, they wanted $54+ dollars just for the fed ex shipment.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:02 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,248,041 times
I wish we had Lobster Rolls here in Atlanta.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:37 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,845,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVMAINE2 View Post
Hey Snowflake,

If you need it in a hurry, I found some at the local Home Economist store. Mostly healthfood stuff - I'm definitely not one of their regular customers, but they have it. I tried the place in Michigan, but since we are leaving for Maine on Wednesday, we didn't think there would be enough time for the shipment to arrive! Besides, they wanted $54+ dollars just for the fed ex shipment.
Try these guys: Cherry Juice from FruitFast, America's Leading Producer Of Tart Cherry Juice Fruit Supplements

Not so crazy with shipping, and the same Montmorency cherries. From the same area as the other guys. (PS close to Ellsworth, MI. How's that for funny)

Old 03-10-2008, 06:38 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,693,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
That is so funny! I did see a picture of a sign that said "McLobster Roll". Here, they serve "McRib" sandwiches!
In Wisconsin McDonald's offers Bratwurst value meals certain times of the year. Guess it's a regional thing!

Old 03-10-2008, 07:09 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,076,556 times
Nope, it's Snow's for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
Try real, home made clam chowder. It's better.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:10 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,664,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVMAINE2 View Post
Hey Snowflake,

That's a bit much but if I was having a full blown gout attack $154 would be reasonable if the stuff worked. I hope it works for him, I don't know why it wouldn't.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:14 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,664,202 times
[quote=mainebrokerman;3097144]ithe larger and older the lobster, the less they want to shed, so many times if you have the chance to eat a 4-5 lb lobster, they are a bit tough and rubbery[quote]

We had a 15 pound lobster we had to break into four pieces and cook in four big pots one year . It came from Massachusetts where they are legal to take. The shell was so thick we had to break it with hammers but the meat was just as good as a small lobster. Not stringy or rubbery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: