Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2008, 09:40 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,973,559 times

Advertisements

You can check Bangor Hydro outages here

Bangor Hydro Electric Company

Old 07-24-2008, 11:12 AM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
We lost power too

Old 07-24-2008, 11:17 AM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
I am going to be one busy gal for a while... I got hired on to organize the office of one of my clients, a Maine guide. He has not had regular help for some time and this is his peak season, so ... you can imagine... This is supposed to be half a day or so 3 days a week, but for a while it will be much closer to full time. WHILE house hunting, painting hex signs (3 live orders in the queue at present), keeping my design clients happy, trying to find time to work in the garden (sorry, KAF... you will see me some of these evenings, as things settle down), carrying K to his medical appointments (he has not felt up to driving for some time), continuing my flower project, spinning, sewing, cooking, petting cats and dog and shoveling out the tin box now and again... you get the picture. LOL
Woo Hoo Jj got a new job!

Yahooo!

congratulations Jj

Old 07-24-2008, 11:24 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,425,258 times
Star, I'm so happy for you!!! WAHU!!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 01:38 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,673,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
well I was just heading out to Bangor for errands and then work when the UPSs started beeping... we had lost power. Yes I HAD paid the bill... phone and internet were not working either, off to msina's house to call Bangor Hydro, only to find they were down too... off to Bangor and no juice there either! so no shopping. Found electric closer to downtown, but every coffee shop was backed up out the door! LOL

this was a biggie... most if not all Bangor Hydro area was out for a while. some other electric co as well. They think lightning strike, I guess...at least my alarm clock is battery powered!
I WISH it was as easy as a lightning strike! Strange craft were seen in the skies just before it happened! They sucked the grid dry and made it look like lightning!!!. I have to stop watching the X Files marathon!

Old 07-24-2008, 05:56 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,103,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Mollysmiles, you out there? I know you are someplace. I read a story in the local paper here that had you pop into my head right away. Seems a local geocacher found a geocachet on the beach where she knew there wasn't supposed to be one. She called her Mother and had her look it up online and found it was from across Lake Michigan in WI. Seems a big storm had flooded where it was hidden and everybody thought it was lost for good. It floated its way across the 60+ miles and the logbook and most of the contents are fine.

Funny how something like this, brings to mind somebody like you. Have fun looking for new ones there!

LOL That is great!! I love it!! I wonder if MW read this.....yes, we have a new caching addict among us Her GPS arrived a couple a days ago, she's armed and ready to go! No whimpy stuff either, we were on Almanac Mt last night in the dark searching Scott have you looked into it? It's a great thing to do with the family and I bet the boys would love it

ok, where's Peachie?

Old 07-24-2008, 05:58 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,103,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Star, don't forget to breathe! Congrats on the job.
ditto from me as well star!

Old 07-24-2008, 06:04 PM

612 posts, read 1,216,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
We lost power too

I made coffee about 7:45am and had not poured my first cup when the power went off...thank goodness for the java...power off until 10:00ish.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:05 PM

612 posts, read 1,216,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Star, I'm so happy for you!!! WAHU!!!!!!!
Same here Star.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:24 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,546,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
LOL That is great!! I love it!! I wonder if MW read this.....yes, we have a new caching addict among us Her GPS arrived a couple a days ago, she's armed and ready to go! No whimpy stuff either, we were on Almanac Mt last night in the dark searching Scott have you looked into it? It's a great thing to do with the family and I bet the boys would love it
ohhhhhhhhhhh Love it! I bought a Garmin eTrex Legend HCx. It's so cool! We were seriously considering another cache but we would have had to get past beavers, find a path and find a small path off the path. It didn't seem like a fantastic idea in the dark. We were beside a lake, up a mountain, down the mountain, through the woods, up a mountain, down the mountain, back through the woods, saw a moose and made it home before the rain started. The only reason I didn't go out to hide my cache today was rain (well, and a house full of teenagers). Maybe tomorrow!

Quote:
ok, where's Peachie?
She felt lousy last night after having that tooth pulled. I bet she's resting today. I can't wait til she's ready to go out with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine