Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:36 AM

1,895 posts, read 5,902,361 times

Advertisements

I sat on Caterpillar Hill last night (in Sedgwick) and watched the fireworks shows in Islesboro, North Haven and Vinalhaven at the same time- it was great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 08:43 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
I sat on Caterpillar Hill last night (in Sedgwick) and watched the fireworks shows in Islesboro, North Haven and Vinalhaven at the same time- it was great!
Awww, sounds wonderful!

Old 07-07-2008, 04:19 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Our fourth started on the Wednesday the second when we met with The Fort Lauderdale Mermaid for drinks at The Back Street Bistro in Brunswick. Rhonda (The Mermaid) is a wonderful lady in person and we had a great time getting to know her better. We're looking forward to meeting her again! On Thursday we hosted a get together here at our house for a group of my wife's old school friends who were visiting from out of state. We grilled out and had an impromptu beer tasting session. It was great fun.
Friday we went to the 4TH of July parde in Freeport which was actually pretty good this year. We had a lobster roll lunch, then in the afternoon we had a cook out at a friend's house in downtown Freeport. After the cookout we attended the free concert at LL Bean, then took in the fireworks at the Morse Street School field. Saturday evening we took in another free LL Bean concert featuring Daryl Hall of Hall and Oates fame then had dinner at Azure Cafe' in their open air dining area as we watched the concert goers file out of town. It was a very full weekend!

Old 07-08-2008, 08:38 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,465,461 times
Meeting Maineah, his DW and his brother was a real treat for me too! Even though we had never met, it felt as though we had known each other forever. I look forward to our next get together next month as well as getting them to come visit me in Florida over the winter. *hint* hint*

We had a really fun 4th out on the island. Our morning started with an island pancake breakfast to benefit our poor island fire department. I've mentioned our fire truck before, I'll post pics in another thread. We are having a hard time with our home owners insurance and are all getting or about to be dropped due to lack of protection. The breakfast was a big sucess and everyone is working hard to build up the existing coverage. The summer people really come through financially in times of need as they too have a lot invested in our island community.

Our parade was fun and short! A lot of socializing was in order and followed by a big gathering on the town landing for our annual Row Boat races. We later held a host of events / games for the little kids on the island up in the softball field behind the church.

At 4PM we had a nice gathering of about 40 people up at my sisters for a big shin-dig. Her house is the largest of all of ours and has the biggest deck to accomodate all of our family, guests, kids, and dogs. My brother and BIL had both grills running and cooking up a storm. As the evening progressed out came the music. LIVE music, we had 5 amazing guitarists- two of which also play the blues harp. Not to mention a couple female vocalists in our group which are equally amazing. They played everything from oldies, to patriotic songs. Zepplin to The Who. It's just one big jam fest singalong with something for everyone, young and old. A fun day for all lead to everyone gathering out on the deck watching for any fireworks to be seen off in the distance. Stonington had a really nice display but Vinal Haven / North Haven held off til Sat night.

Great times. More to come. Glad to be home again. Stay tuned for more pics I'll post on my page later in the week.

Happy summer in Maine to all of my dearest friends here in the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine