Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:52 PM

300 posts, read 758,318 times

Advertisements

You are not exactly a bright one, are you? :-)

It is an easy thing to search for speeches of anyone in order to show that they make mistakes, especially one who has been in public service for his entire life.

I could likewise show a plethora of speeches where Obama has misspoke, especially recently, and especially showing his intentions. After the "surge" has completely salvaged the Iraq war--hint: it has been won militarily, only a fool would think otherwise--Obama stated that he still would have not backed it in retrospect. Whether or not one agrees with the initial invasion, Obama actually thinks we should not have done the one thing to save the fiasco. That is insane, and he continues to believe this.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:50 AM

121 posts, read 415,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablogun View Post
You are not exactly a bright one, are you? :-)
I don't think you need to start insulting people.

Quote:
After the "surge" has completely salvaged the Iraq war--hint: it has been won militarily, only a fool would think otherwise
If it is won, why do we have to stay there? If we won, why is leaving "surrendering". Evidently the definition of winning to the McCain camp is being able to sustain a war for as long as possible and not stop occupying a country even when the new leadership wants to leave.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:38 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,879,428 times
Don't worry about his attempt at insults, FutureCruiser. I have a very high IQ and thick skin.

Diablogun clearly prefers his status as a Republican sheep so I won't waste anymore time pointing out his obvious errors.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:51 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,106,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post
Sorry I wasn't criticizing what anyone said or how they said it. The thread started Main specific but has wandered off in to a more general discussion of the presidential race. I was just reading it and wondering if our two regular mods were OK because usually they would have closed this type of thread by now.
I agree. It was interesting with the Maine slant, but everything else I can get in the Politics forum!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:16 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,428,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post
The thread started Maine specific but has wandered off in to a more general discussion of the presidential race.
Here in lies the concern.
This community is tight, (the Maine forum), and a group of members have actually met. It would be a shame that one person forgoes a get together, because of the comments made here. If you check other state forums, the traffic is much lighter and the posts are relocation specific.
Saying that, I believe we'll put this one to rest and keep our civility and bonds that have been made, intact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine