Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:19 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
I shut two fingers in my garage door last spring. The same two I almost chain-sawed off in 2004. The chitty part was, the door was all the way UP and opened and to get my fingers out, I had to bring the door all the way back down again. So I stood there for about 20 seconds saying, "Oh crap, this is gonna hurt". Then I brought the door back down. They were purple/deep blue as soon as I took them out. NOT a good sign. lmao I stood there looking at the mangled things and thinking, this prolly isn't very good, I can't really feel much pain!!

Since sawing them, I only have a teensy bit of feeling in them. That was the end of April. 8 months ago and the nail on my middle finger is just now growing out far enough to look normal.

When I went to the doctors about 2 weeks later for something else, he looked at my still blue fingers and the middle fingernail and said, if you'd come in when you did that, I could have drilled a hole in your nail and let the blood out. AHHHHH, I don't thinks so!!!! lol He said it was too late now and I'd have to wait for my body to absorb the dried blood under my nail.

At Thanksgiving, when I was mixing up the pudding for the pumpkin trifle, I caught the SAME two fingers in the mixers!!!!!! WTF??? lol Still have a black and blue line halfway down the finger from that little mishap. One of my friends just laughs every time another misadventure happens to those two fingers and tells me, "I keep tellin' ya, cut those damn two off, they just keep gettin' in the way of everything!' lolololol
tell us how you got your fingers cought in the mixer?as far as the door i have done that but i was closing it and where the two panels come together i stuck my fingers in there becouse it was stuck and i needed more leverage.i gave it a quick yank the door slambed shut man didnt that hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 10:44 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
I'm not really too sure how I got my fingers pulled into the mixing blades Ranger. It was almost 3 in the morning and I would be done with the cooking once I got the pudding finished. One of the blades dropped from the mixer (hand held), and I was trying to catch the top of it before it got whacked with the other one. Whatever happened, it was my own fault. lol I grabbed at the blade and the mixer was still on speed 3. Yup, whipped my two fingers up real good! lol No blood or skin in the pudding though!

Last edited by CoastalMaine; 12-05-2008 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: left a whole word out! DOH!!

Old 12-05-2008, 10:55 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
I shut two fingers in my garage door last spring. The same two I almost chain-sawed off in 2004. The chitty part was, the door was all the way UP and opened and to get my fingers out, I had to bring the door all the way back down again. So I stood there for about 20 seconds saying, "Oh crap, this is gonna hurt". Then I brought the door back down. They were purple/deep blue as soon as I took them out. NOT a good sign. lmao I stood there looking at the mangled things and thinking, this prolly isn't very good, I can't really feel much pain!!

Since sawing them, I only have a teensy bit of feeling in them. That was the end of April. 8 months ago and the nail on my middle finger is just now growing out far enough to look normal.

When I went to the doctors about 2 weeks later for something else, he looked at my still blue fingers and the middle fingernail and said, if you'd come in when you did that, I could have drilled a hole in your nail and let the blood out. AHHHHH, I don't thinks so!!!! lol He said it was too late now and I'd have to wait for my body to absorb the dried blood under my nail.

At Thanksgiving, when I was mixing up the pudding for the pumpkin trifle, I caught the SAME two fingers in the mixers!!!!!! WTF??? lol Still have a black and blue line halfway down the finger from that little mishap. One of my friends just laughs every time another misadventure happens to those two fingers and tells me, "I keep tellin' ya, cut those damn two off, they just keep gettin' in the way of everything!' lolololol
I've done that to myself for a mangled fingernail in the past. Just heat a paperclip end to red hot and it goes right through the nail. The blood sprays out all over the place but then the pain goes to about half! It really works great!

Old 12-05-2008, 11:24 AM

653 posts, read 1,919,090 times
for real !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I've done that to myself for a mangled fingernail in the past. Just heat a paperclip end to red hot and it goes right through the nail. The blood sprays out all over the place but then the pain goes to about half! It really works great!

Old 12-05-2008, 11:26 AM

All set with that, thanks! lol

Old 12-05-2008, 11:26 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boonskyler View Post
for real !!!
Works great, saves a doctor visit too!

Old 12-05-2008, 11:30 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,465,461 times
Gale, I'm seriously wondering if we should hang out! You're a walking accident! Do you ever look up and see this big black cloud just following you around? I'm going to have to roll you up in bubble wrap before we go out!

Old 12-05-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Gale, I'm seriously wondering if we should hang out! You're a walking accident! Do you ever look up and see this big black cloud just following you around? I'm going to have to roll you up in bubble wrap before we go out!
Big black cloud = This sounds more like Linus doesn't it?

roll you up in bubble wrap = um... sounds kinda kinky and maybe deserves some contemplation... not interested in doing that with you though!

With all the things I get involved in, getting wounded is a pretty small percentage! You're safe with me missy! hahahaha

Old 12-05-2008, 11:56 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,465,461 times
LOL- the bubble wrap was only meant to keep you from getting hurt - never mind, we won't allow you to open any garage doors, use a mixer or do any gardening. Yes, I'll be safe enough as long as we have a haz mat team follow us around!

Old 12-05-2008, 04:21 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,804 times
Default The other side

"Dude what happened to your hand?"

"You are never going to belive this, remember that truck me you and Billy took not to long ago? Well I was at Marden's in Waterville yesterday with Billy and that guy pulled in with the truck we took and I didn't know what to do. Billy took off and I was going to also but when i shut the door on the car we took last night, I dropped the keys on the seat and tried to stop the door from shutting. Well it did stop but not in time my hand was still in it, man it hurt like he**. "

"So what did you do?"

" So I stared waving to Billy, he was behind the guy running into Marden's and I tried waving to him to come back but he would have nothing to do with that, and I saw him run into a bunch of christmas trees. So the dude goes into Marden's and I'm like whewwww, now if I can only get this throbbing black and blue slab of meat out of the car door."

"Wow that was close, so how did you get your hand out?"

"This is where it get's crazy, Billy peeks out bhind the trees and I start waving to him again and the dude comes out of the store and thinks I'm waving to him!!!! He hops in his truck and drives up to me and gets out!! So I started crying I figure he knows who am but nothing, so he tells me to man up and stop crying, and offers to call 911 or break the window and hand me the keys, I mean 911 and the fire dept, but what if the cops show up with them and know the car is hot!! So I say break it and he pops the door open for me and out comes the hand that has a heart beat like a bass drum at nutcracker, and he jumps in his truck and takes off, I've never been more happy.

"So what did you do with the car?"

"Had to call AAA and get a jump, I drained the battery with my hand stuck in the door. Hey you ever see a figernail do this?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine