Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 04:19 PM

18 posts, read 42,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadianlion View Post
...certain exterior colors would be mandated as the colors that typify that era are well documented... roofs would have to be typical of Federal or Colonial era... asphalt roofing would not be legal... The problem here is that you simply cannot have it both ways: either you codify in detail what the intent is, or the ordinance and therefore the town, will be open to endless litigation...
You suggest that ANY regulation inevitably leads to maximum regulation - and ultimately to ruinous litigation, which is clearly a nightmare scenario. This is simply not what happens in most communities with oversight, as surely you must be aware, nor is it what I or other proponents are advocating.

Every community finds the level of regulation that satisfies it; Blue Hill's problem right now in this regard would seem to lie in the level of implacable opposition to ANY regulation that prevails among the influential minority which runs the town.

Last edited by banjoseth; 12-03-2009 at 04:35 PM..

Old 12-03-2009, 04:26 PM

18 posts, read 42,590 times
Acadian Lion said: Oh, now wait a minute. You are saying that Blue Hill's town business meetings are not publicized?

I said not properly publicized in a way which might allow more people to know about them long enough in advance to be able to attend. I'm sure nobody's dumb enough to actually break the law but they are certainly crafty enough to bend it.

I didn't bother to quote the personal attacks nor will I attempt to refute them. If you're gone, good for you. I'll still be around.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:40 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,477,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoseth View Post
Acadian Lion said: Oh, now wait a minute. You are saying that Blue Hill's town business meetings are not publicized?

I said not properly publicized in a way which might allow more people to know about them long enough in advance to be able to attend. I'm sure nobody's dumb enough to actually break the law but they are certainly crafty enough to bend it.

I didn't bother to quote the personal attacks nor will I attempt to refute them. If you're gone, good for you. I'll still be around.

Stick around all you like, not sure you'll have much company though. We really do love those of you that don't live in the state and come in and tell us all how "it's supposed to happen."

I guarantee this thread will be locked within the next hour, but feel free to carry on the argument, all alone....

Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice day.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:40 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,436,869 times
Seems as though this subject has been hashed out......I guess...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine