Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 07:30 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times

Advertisements

What fantastic and interesting people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PChildres View Post
I just want to inform people here that Dr. Paul will be on CNN's Piers Morgan for the Entire Hour on Fri, Feb. 3rd, 9pm EST! Hope you tune it, grab your popcorn. Should be entertaining.
Cool do you have a link?

Old 02-04-2012, 05:42 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
I thought I should reach back and explain and move on......(swan song)......I moved back to Maine about 4 years ago......and it was all, and more, than I could have hoped for. We settled in to our new community and made friends and social connections. I wouldnt change a thing....I have loved being here in the land of my forebearers....and the home of half of my family. However......I have decided....that at my age and in my health....I need to move on. So my partner and I are looking at property in Florida....and putting our home on the market.

I will miss Maine....and the people.....and the coast....and seasons.....but for me it is time to admit I can no longer shovel "myself out"....and that I choose to stay in my house most of the time between November and May.....that I am afraid to drive if it has snowed..or is snowing or might snow. So I am actively planning to move to a warmer clime.

I wish you all well. Fare thee well. I have enjoyed the wisdom and comments and support of many or you. God Bless.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:34 AM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,151,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I thought I should reach back and explain and move on......(swan song)......I moved back to Maine about 4 years ago......and it was all, and more, than I could have hoped for. We settled in to our new community and made friends and social connections. I wouldnt change a thing....I have loved being here in the land of my forebearers....and the home of half of my family. However......I have decided....that at my age and in my health....I need to move on. So my partner and I are looking at property in Florida....and putting our home on the market.

I will miss Maine....and the people.....and the coast....and seasons.....but for me it is time to admit I can no longer shovel "myself out"....and that I choose to stay in my house most of the time between November and May.....that I am afraid to drive if it has snowed..or is snowing or might snow. So I am actively planning to move to a warmer clime.

I wish you all well. Fare thee well. I have enjoyed the wisdom and comments and support of many or you. God Bless.
Safe Travels, Maine will miss you.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:14 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,888,747 times
Quote:

Just because you move out of state is no reason to leave your friends on the Maine forum. Hope you both do well in Fla. Good luck to you and drop by every so often to say hello. Wish you both a safe trip and good neighbors.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:39 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
Quote:

Fully understand the shovel aspects. The cold is an issue with me. Good luck in all your endeavors.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:02 AM

PS......We plan on returning for summer vacations.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:40 AM

My shovel kicked my rear end so badly, I thought it came near to killing me. Eventually I decided to retire my shovel.

Sad to see you leaving.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:26 AM

I want to thnk you for your good wishes and good words. (And I will probably still be around until we sell this house here in Maine.)

Old 02-05-2012, 05:25 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,391,576 times
Elston....

Florida is a good place for Mainers. I have an ex-mother-in-law/sister-in-law that live north of New Port Richey in a nudist colony. I used to own a rental there in New Port Richey which I sold in the late ninties. I've never even been to Florida either. But I always imagined that it is a good state for "easy living" like California. No shoveling, no seasonal upkeep and no huge wardrobe. I think I wear shorts, not pants out here in CA about 8-9 months a year. Cold weather to us is in the upper thirties to low forties.

Good for you and your family to make the leap and still continue to make ME a seasonal destination. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

I still plan to build (have built) a small cabin in central ME in the near future for my summer home and maybe NC a place for my winter home. Plus I will always have ties out here in CA as my son was born here and I predict he will want to live around here for a few more decades making his way in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine