Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 01:18 PM

10,261 posts, read 12,529,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Actually you are right. I thought they ranked by cost of living. My mistake.

Still when you consider it VA is mostly a rural state, and NOVA is going to have a higher cost of living compared to the rest of VA. Just as NOVA brings the income up the rest of the state brings it down.

VA does well like DE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 02:09 PM

7,050 posts, read 11,361,335 times
Quote:
The data and evidence is showing the study is incorrect.

What is irrelevant is figuring out what state has a higher median income adjusted for cost of living. It is interesting sure, but a completely different enchileda.

I think we can all agree on this.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:14 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,945,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Politics has a lot to do with quality of life. Head-in-the-sand lockstep liberals don't understand that. Those in Maryland will find out soon enough.
And yet you live in MD instead of a conservative paradise like Mississippi

Old 10-13-2012, 04:52 PM

146 posts, read 375,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
r

Now you're putting words in my mouth. Never said that. I'm not even trying to conjecture as to why it's happening, but I am pointing out that the outer suburbs have caught up or surpassed MoCo. That's all I was saying.

That's very misleading. Definitely nothing wrong Maryland being on top, but when you compare the areas within the DC region, it's not much difference between MD and VA. MD has more wealth overall because it's a much smaller state where a majority of it's population is between two major metropolitan areas with a lot of jobs. VA as a whole, has a huge contrast of wealthy and poor areas. Northern VA is the complete opposite. It's nothing but money in every county. So if you're talking about this region, Northern VA is comparable if not wealthier than MD (DC Suburbs or not). Look at how much Loudoun County has grown. There isn't a county in MD that even touch the stratosphere of the amount of wealth that has moved out there. There maybe something to the tax argument, but it's impossible to know if that is the reason why people have moved out.

Ok, I can't read this BS anymore go to the link below read the list and stop talking. The clear majority of wealthiest communities are in MoCo. Please educate yourself. Having a bunch of defense contracting jobs doesn't make you the home of the top 1% in this region.

Washington's Wealthiest ZIP Codes - Washington Business Journal

Old 10-13-2012, 05:18 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,010,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomat74 View Post
Ok, I can't read this BS anymore go to the link below read the list and stop talking. The clear majority of wealthiest communities are in MoCo. Please educate yourself. Having a bunch of defense contracting jobs doesn't make you the home of the top 1% in this region.

Washington's Wealthiest ZIP Codes - Washington Business Journal
The highest two were in Fairfax.....and the first one is higher than MoCo's first by almost $20,000..........

Not even top 10 county in the country. 6 other counties in this area are higher including 5 from NoVA.

Of course if you read my other posts, you have seen this already. It doesn't matter how many wealthy communities MoCo has. It obviously doesn't have enough to be higher than most of the counties in NoVA.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:27 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,895,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
The highest two were in Fairfax.....and the first one is higher than MoCo's first by almost $20,000..........

Not even top 10 county in the country. 6 other counties in this area are higher including 5 from NoVA.

Of course if you read my other posts, you have seen this already. It doesn't matter how many wealthy communities MoCo has. It obviously doesn't have enough to be higher than most of the counties in NoVA.
Yet, MD is still the wealthiest state.

It is irrelevant what counties are richer. The assertion is the rich are fleeing MD to escape higher taxes, and the ACTUAL evidence shown in this thread has refuted this. There is no offense that the rich are fleeing to VA, and taxes have anything to do with higher growth rates, or richer counties.

This conversation is pretty much over. OP was disproven.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:23 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,010,141 times
Quote:
Yet, MD is still the wealthiest state.

It is irrelevant what counties are richer. The assertion is the rich are fleeing MD to escape higher taxes, and the ACTUAL evidence shown in this thread has refuted this. There is no offense that the rich are fleeing to VA, and taxes have anything to do with higher growth rates, or richer counties.

This conversation is pretty much over. OP was disproven.
It pretty much is over. I never said I agreed with the OP, but I've said that already....several times . I was just explaining that wealth in comparison to MD and VA is different than MD and NoVA. It was never to support or refute anything the OP said.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:29 AM

10,261 posts, read 12,529,479 times
Quote:
The data and evidence is showing the study is incorrect.

What is irrelevant is figuring out what state has a higher median income adjusted for cost of living. It is interesting sure, but a completely different enchileda.

I think we can all agree on this.

I agree but it depends still which place in the state.
Is VA the number one when we live in Northern VA or VB/Hampton/Norfolk ? Or is the same thing ?: Think:

Old 10-14-2012, 11:21 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,895,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french paris View Post
I agree but it depends still which place in the state.
Is VA the number one when we live in Northern VA or VB/Hampton/Norfolk ? Or is the same thing ?: Think:
IDK, we need actual statistics instead of assumptions.

I am glad you agree that the whole assertion of this thread was stupid and incorrect though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland