Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 07:46 PM

56 posts, read 285,510 times

Advertisements

I moved from Boston to NYC a few years ago and converted my license, and then converted BACK to a MA license when I moved home last year, and it was about $100 for the MA to NY conversion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 PM

72 posts, read 105,231 times
Wow, you guys are getting robbed up there in Marxachusetts, Massocialchussilists or Taxachusetts. If I were you, I'd move to New Hampshire instead!

Old 05-14-2012, 08:21 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post
People are such babies! Massachusetts is in the bottom tier of states when it comes to tax burden:

Massachusetts' Tax Burden Falls to Bottom Tier of States | Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation

Also, you get great schools, low crime, clean air and water, exciting cities, high wages, a four season climate and access to so many different cool places. If you want to complain about taxes and fees, come to New York City btw which is still great despite the crazy taxes. You get what you pay for and Mass is a relative bargain!
Great schools? Low crime? High wages? In MA?? umm ok.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:35 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
ROTFLMAO.

I only lived in MA for about 30 years, so ignore what I say.

-- The tax burden in the link you stated is only for personal income, and was written 8 years ago, and the newest data there is 10 years ago. The MTF, is, ummm, not exactly unbiased.
-- Great schools; for a few towns, but a handful of awesome private ones.
-- Low crime: Try Lawrence (2nd only to Newark NJ for car theft), New Bedford.... I can name about 30 more. Ever wonder why there are so many drug rehabs in MA? Try western MA if you want to be scared.
For a crime rate of highest to lowest, 100 being the highest (and the top 100 in the country for populations over 25K), Lowell MA is 66, Brockton MA is 58, Holyoke is 53, New Beford is 49, Fall River is 48, Chelsea is 14... So for the worst crime rates in the US, MA has more than its fair share...
-- Exciting cities: can only name one or two.
-- High wages: Yes
-- Four season climate: Yes
--Clean air & water: tell me why MA adopted the CA emissions rules for cars. Then tell me about Woburn, MA, and 'Leukemia street'. Let's talk about the Pilgrim nuclear plant in Plymouth MA. Geez. Ahh, and W.R. Grace. Do you want me to list all the rivers that you aren't allowed to fish in, because of mercury levels?
-- I know all about NYC.... when I am in the states, I stay at my place there sometimes. For 'getting what you pay for', IMHO, NYC trumps MA, hands down.

Based on test scores and college readiness, Massachusetts is top notch. There are dozens of towns that have great school systems. Mass is a small state, so there is obviously a small number of true cities. Enjoy NYC. If you think that you get more living in that massive metropolis, then good for you.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:36 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Great schools? Low crime? High wages? In MA?? umm ok.
If you are from Ohio, taking shots at Massachusetts for high wages, great schools and low crime is laughable.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,962 times
Did you get it yet? If you think the $100 sucks, wait till you see how long you have to sit at the registry!

Old 05-14-2012, 09:49 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Did you get it yet? If you think the $100 sucks, wait till you see how long you have to sit at the registry!
I will be there tomorrow. I am hoping I can get see sometime between 8am-2pm

Old 05-15-2012, 05:59 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,813,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
FWIW, I haven't waited more than 10 minutes at the RMV in probably 15+ years. In fact, when I renewed at the Beverly RMV about 2 years ago, I didn't wait 5 minutes!

Old 05-15-2012, 08:01 AM

278 posts, read 703,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvwife View Post
Positives and negatives to MA, but if you make any money at all they'll do their darned best to take it from you so they can "redistribute" it.
oh, so MA has a progressive income tax structure now? thats news to me!

Old 05-15-2012, 08:03 AM

278 posts, read 703,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
FWIW, I haven't waited more than 10 minutes at the RMV in probably 15+ years. In fact, when I renewed at the Beverly RMV about 2 years ago, I didn't wait 5 minutes!
I was going to say the same thing. I've gone several times in the past 3-4 years and have never waited more than maybe 20 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts