Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 10:09 PM

853 posts, read 4,035,447 times

Advertisements

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows which MBTA commuter rail stations along the Worcester Line, if any, (somewhat near Newton - Wellesley), have enough parking spots and where I should be able to find parking, even mid-day?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 12:09 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,908,183 times
Not sure about the Newton stations. Wellesley Farms always seems to have parking spots open. The parking lot is tiny at the Wellesley Hills station. Wellesley Square has a pretty good-sized lot, but I'm not sure how close to capacity it usually is. In Wellesley, W. Sq. would be the one I'd check next after W. Farms, because the size of the lots means both W. Sq. and W. Farms are more likely than W. Hills to have spaces open.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,805,876 times
I know Wellesley Farms has spots mid-day. West Newton also has a large lot that used to be free, but ever since they started charging $4/day it's always 75% empty. The West Newton location is a little more confusing to get to as the entrance is from Webster Street under the Rt-16 exit ramp from the MassPike and it's a longer walk down to the commuter rail platform. If you decide to go to West Newton, look at the google maps satellite view beforehand.

EDIT: I just remembered Auburndale has free street parking if you don't want to pay for parking. There is always parking along Central St, across the MassPike from the commuter rail platform. It's a pain since you need to cross a bridge to get to the other side of the Pike to get down to the platform though.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:27 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,805,876 times
I think my post caused more people to start parking at Wellesley Farms. I've parked here for years and even a month ago I swear this lot was never more than 75-80% full at mid-day. This morning I couldn't even find a spot, so I pulled my truck into the woods and hope Wellesley PD doesn't give me a ticket! Everyone please stop parking here.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:58 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
I think my post caused more people to start parking at Wellesley Farms. I've parked here for years and even a month ago I swear this lot was never more than 75-80% full at mid-day. This morning I couldn't even find a spot, so I pulled my truck into the woods and hope Wellesley PD doesn't give me a ticket! Everyone please stop parking here.
It's probably a seasonal thing.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:06 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,638,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Economy improving, wishful thinking.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:14 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,638,276 times
I always find a space at Riverside and Woodland green line stops, at any time of the day. If I am driving to Newton or Wellesley, I prefer to trade the comfy commuter rail seats for the better flexibility of the MBTA over the commuter rail. Inbound, I get guaranteed seats with these two stops being at the beginning of the line, versus getting on the middle of the line on the commuter rail. I do have a high threshold of tolerance for the pushing and shoving students who get on at later stops, so this may not be the perfect solution for every person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts