Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2016, 02:42 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
I'm not defending the current price-point for homes in Arlington, just pointing out the current reality. Personally; I much preferred the town in its former incarnation as a middle class community with pockets of upper middle class areas like Morningside, or Jason Heights. Fact is, those days have sailed away....and it is what it is. As for Milton: it shares borders with some very run-down neighboring towns whereas Arlington abuts Belmont, Lexington, Winchester & Cambridge.
Well, your generalization about "run down neighboring towns" that Milton borders is just as laughably outdated as what you claim others think about Arlington. LOL There are great sections of Dorchester, Quincy that are almost just as expensive as any in Milton. And, believe it or not, parts of Mattapan is also becoming liveable too (gasp! who would have thunk!?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 02:45 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Well, your generalization about "run down neighboring towns" that Milton borders is just as laughably outdated as what you claim others think about Arlington. LOL There are great sections of Dorchester, Quincy that are almost just as expensive as any in Milton. And, believe it or not, parts of Mattapan is also becoming liveable too (gasp! who would have thunk!?)
I've been all over Milton & it has issues with its neighbors. Don't dislike the place, but I would take that into account if I was purchasing anything over that way.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
East milton?? I've seen some pretty nice homes for 550k in east milton. 800k can get you quite a bit in many different parts of milton
Absolutely, but I was being conservative. I also meant the eastern side in general, not East Milton neighborhood in particular, which I agree is quite affordable and cute.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:49 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,323,101 times
Default Re

Milton has always been considered a more affluent place than arlington. Sounds like that's changing now...but sharing borders with mattapan, quincy and dot has never seemed to be a major issue. There are some weirdos in cambridge too btw. Freaky people and ghetto people...cambridge is no utopia.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I've been all over Milton & it has issues with its neighbors. Don't dislike the place, but I would take that into account if I was purchasing anything over that way.

Oh you mean that same "issues" that Lexington, Belmont and Winchester had with Arlington from years past??? (just pulling your leg! LOL)

Old 02-07-2016, 03:35 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Oh you mean that same "issues" that Lexington, Belmont and Winchester had with Arlington from years past??? (just pulling your leg! LOL)
Well, lol, you are somewhat on point with that one Lexington, Winchester & Belmont clearly had a large class distinction back in the day with Arlington. Not so much these days....but it was pronounced at one time.

Old 02-07-2016, 04:18 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Quote:
Well, lol, you are somewhat on point with that one Lexington, Winchester & Belmont clearly had a large class distinction back in the day with Arlington. Not so much these days....but it was pronounced at one time.
As did Belmont bordering Waltham and Watertown. As did Lexington bordering Waltham and Arlington. My point to all old timers is the times they have changed.

Old 02-07-2016, 06:05 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,332,972 times
Quote:
Multi-million dollar homes are being built & sold every week in Arlington...
Not quite, in the last 6 months 11 homes have sold for 7 figures.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:23 PM

295 posts, read 317,290 times
Quote:
So now we not only look at a town AND also its neighboring towns now? Whats next? What states neighbor MA, what countries neighbor the USA? Woburn is surrounded by Winchester, Lexington, Reading, Burlington but Im not hearing about it being up and coming. It may very well be though.

Everyone can pull up how many million dollar homes have been sold in Arlington for the past five years online.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:35 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurbanite View Post
Not quite, in the last 6 months 11 homes have sold for 7 figures.
I counted 20 on redfin, (sold in the last 6 mos., over $1mil). That might not even be a complete list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts