Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 04:07 PM

15,861 posts, read 20,721,817 times

Advertisements

Is it actually confirmed that Kraft knew they were part of a human trafficking circle? I've read everything from people thinking Kraft himself was involved with the trafficking to the sheriff saying none of the girls were there against their will.

I'll admit I fully don't know how these places work since I'll never go to one, so maybe it is obvious but a lot of people in various comment fields I've seen think he was involved in it.

Last edited by BostonMike7; 02-25-2019 at 04:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 04:16 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,170,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Is it actually confirmed that Kraft knew they were part of a human trafficking circle? I've read everything from people thinking Kraft himself was involved with the trafficking to the sheriff saying none of the girls were there against their will.

I'll admit I fully don't know how these places work since I'll never go to one, so maybe it is obvious.
I believe an objective way of looking at this would be to assume that, at a minimum, Kraft paid for sexual acts at a type of a establishment closely associated with human trafficking. I highly doubt he or his secretary vetted the origin, legal status, and free will of the individual he engaged with.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:20 PM

11,080 posts, read 12,554,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
I believe an objective way of looking at this would be to assume that, at a minimum, Kraft paid for sexual acts at a type of a establishment closely associated with human trafficking. I highly doubt he or his secretary vetted the origin, legal status, and free will of the individual he engaged with.
Kraft isn't stupid. He knows what the deal is with 100 dollar sex workers at Asian spas.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:24 PM

15,861 posts, read 20,721,817 times
That's what I would think myself, but then again I've watched a lot of Shameless

Old 02-25-2019, 04:52 PM

18,238 posts, read 9,538,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I'll admit I fully don't know how these places work since I'll never go to one
I doubt most people who go to these places know anything about human trafficking being involved. I'm guessing they just know it's a place to go have sex with Asian women.

Who knows what Kraft knew...

10 of these places in that area were shut down.

On the news it was described how this typically works. Apparently poor women with families are targeted in Asian countries, and they are promised a legitimate job in the US. The women leave their families behind in Asia and they come to the US. As soon as they get here, the bad guys take their passport from them....and then they are put to work as prostitutes. The bad guys threaten to kill their family members back in Asia if they leave or go to the police. And they don't even get paid. The women have to turn over all the money to the bad guys. Typically the women are only given minimal food and clothing, and a place to stay -- often at the spa where they sleep on the floor or on the massage tables.

These Asian spas are all over the US. A bunch of them were shut down in Providence a few years ago.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:11 PM

10,077 posts, read 15,793,835 times
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ivate-jet.html

All the details in the Daily Mail.

I don't believe he knew they were sex slaves, either.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:29 PM

18,238 posts, read 9,538,239 times
These places have been very common for many years. To the point where jokes are often made about them on TV. I believe we're all familiar with the term "happy ending". But, for those who aren't, it refers to going to a massage place for a massage...and, at the end, you receive a hand job.

Not until recently was there any talk about human trafficking at these places.

People just assumed it was a form of normal prostitution. And it very well may be just normal prostitution at some of these places.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:09 PM

23,919 posts, read 19,096,481 times
He is a 77-year-old gazillionaire widower. Something tells me this don't faze him a whole lot...

Old 02-25-2019, 07:10 PM

3,176 posts, read 3,722,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
He is a 77-year-old gazillionaire widower. Something tells me this don't faze him a whole lot...
The charges in and of themselves do not concern him. The embarrassment of having his name all over the place because of this probably does bother him a lot.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:16 PM

6,325 posts, read 5,236,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
These places have been very common for many years. To the point where jokes are often made about them on TV. I believe we're all familiar with the term "happy ending". But, for those who aren't, it refers to going to a massage place for a massage...and, at the end, you receive a hand job.

Not until recently was there any talk about human trafficking at these places.

People just assumed it was a form of normal prostitution. And it very well may be just normal prostitution at some of these places.
...and these are perfectly legal in many parts of the world. We have a very schizophrenic attitude about pleasure in this country. My guess is if this were legalized, the human trafficking part would go away on its own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts