Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 09:54 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,224,988 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why he was at the Oscar parties this past weekend out in Los Angeles. Just to prove he's possibly not that fazed by the spa scandal, and he defiantly will continue to live his life?

Is it his need to be around celebs and in the limelight regularly?

Seems odd behavior considering his personal turmoil?

What would the spa workers think of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 10:24 PM

1,367 posts, read 880,239 times
What is most baffling to me is that multiple billionaires coincidentally found this dumpy strip-mall massage parlor.

And what about their other clients? How disgusted must they feel?

Would also be nice to hear more about the trafficking and how these women have been rescued. Nope. Billionaire gets hand job is all that matters.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:21 AM

23,834 posts, read 18,992,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
What is most baffling to me is that multiple billionaires coincidentally found this dumpy strip-mall massage parlor.

And what about their other clients? How disgusted must they feel?

Would also be nice to hear more about the trafficking and how these women have been rescued. Nope. Billionaire gets hand job is all that matters.
I apologize in advance for bringing politics into this thread, as a few posters here have a notoriously bad habit of injecting national politics into completely unrelated local topics (and that can get tiring). But seriously...it's pretty well established that (many) liberals have a strong dislike of Robert Kraft. What's also the case, is that (often these same people) tend to have a let's say "apathy" regarding sex trafficking/human trafficking and such. It will be interesting to see if they change their tone with all this coming to light...

Old 02-26-2019, 06:45 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,528,482 times
Just last week, a friend of Bobby’s asked if he liked Chinese food, without hesitation ole Bobby replied...I love Chinese food!

Old 02-26-2019, 07:09 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,116,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I apologize in advance for bringing politics into this thread, as a few posters here have a notoriously bad habit of injecting national politics into completely unrelated local topics (and that can get tiring). But seriously...it's pretty well established that (many) liberals have a strong dislike of Robert Kraft. What's also the case, is that (often these same people) tend to have a let's say "apathy" regarding sex trafficking/human trafficking and such. It will be interesting to see if they change their tone with all this coming to light...

Irony incarnate.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:29 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,161,955 times
Quote:
What exactly are you insinuating here? And why? This isn't a specific side issue - people on the left have been highly critical of people like Roman Polanski and Epstein for decades, and are equally critical of Kraft. Same for the sane moderates on the right.

Or have you graduated from supporting Lively to becoming a full-blown-Comet-pizza-conspiracist? I just don't understand where you're going with this ...

Old 02-26-2019, 07:33 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,116,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
What exactly are you insinuating here? And why? This isn't a specific side issue - people on the left have been highly critical of people like Roman Polanski and Epstein for decades, and are equally critical of Kraft. Same for the sane moderates on the right.

Or have you graduated from supporting Lively to becoming a full-blown-Comet-pizza-conspiracist? I just don't understand where you're going with this ...

He is, again, trying to set up a strawman. Saying that many on left have been critical of Kraft (true enough) but not critical of sex trafficking (not true at all), so when they either don't criticize Kraft for this transgression, or criticize him, either way, he will then be able to label them as hypocrites. It's part of his SOP. Except, those on the left generally are critical of sex trafficking, they are not, or less, critical of adults engaging in consensual sex work, which is a completely separate issue. He is trying to blur that line to score a weak point.

Another day, more crap.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:41 AM

23,834 posts, read 18,992,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post

I supported Lively, what???

My point is that those on the left have a tendency to turn a blind eye towards this sort of exploitation, on a macro level. Then you have these extremists saying there is no border crisis, calling for the abolishment of ICE, etc. I'm just wondering where these politicians like Warren, Pelosi and Cortez would now stand, if they still think there is no real problem now that the "other side" is the perpetuator (knowingly or not, but that is a whole other topic).

Old 02-26-2019, 07:45 AM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,260,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I don't understand why a well connected billionaire would risk going to a place like that. If the guy wanted a prostitute, I'm sure he could have had one of his people discreetly set something up. But no, he chose to get driven by a chauffeur to a strip mall in Juniper, FL so he could go to a massage place called Orchids of Asia Day Spa. Unbelievable. And he's 77 years old...
1. He was very devoted to his wife while she was alive. At the age of 77, maybe he just wanted some sexual relief with no strings attached. What's wrong with that?

2. And how would he or any of the other clients know that those massage parlor workers were being forced to work against their wills??? There are many massage workers and prostitutes who sell sex willingly, because that is the the best paying work for their work skill set.

There is no reason for prostitution to be illegal. But it should be monitored in a way that makes sure that the sex workers are clean and disease free, and not being bullied by a pimp.

Anyway, as a woman, I am not at all offended by what Robert Kraft did.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:50 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,161,955 times
Quote:
I supported Lively, what???

My point is that those on the left have a tendency to turn a blind eye towards this sort of exploitation, on a macro level. Then you have these extremists saying there is no border crisis, calling for the abolishment of ICE, etc. I'm just wondering where these politicians like Warren, Pelosi and Cortez would now stand, if they still think there is no real problem now that the "other side" is the perpetuator (knowingly or not, but that is a whole other topic).
You're not doing a bang-up-job of clarifying a more sound position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts