Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 06:40 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,332,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
when you think about how the average working parents with kids might get "out" one or two nights a week, the idea of using those invaluable "date nights" to spend time on one's own while the other stays home with the kids (alternating back and forth)...sounds a little bizarre to me. Maybe I'm totally misunderstanding, but that's the impression I got from that poster who mentioned doing such.
That’s the whole point, you aren’t using up date nights if you don’t need a sitter. In a perfectly healthy relationship but my spouse has no issue with me leaving one night a week, it gives time to read a book or watch a show that I don’t like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 08:10 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurbanite View Post
That’s the whole point, you aren’t using up date nights if you don’t need a sitter. In a perfectly healthy relationship but my spouse has no issue with me leaving one night a week, it gives time to read a book or watch a show that I don’t like.

Exactly. My wife and I get our date nights maybe once every 2 weeks. Between those nights, we might go out separately a few times each. Really isn't a big deal. She uses the time i'm away to watch shows or read a book, and when she's out, i'm usually in the garage wrenching on one of my project cars. Neither one of us has an issue putting our kids to bed alone. They are easy.

Now, i'm not talking about going to the bar until 11PM each time. She might go do yoga class, or dinner with her coworkers one night. In the summer when the days are long, i'll usually squeeze in a round of golf once per week after work with buddies and dinner. I've gone to concerts as well. It usually balances out to an even split of nights out without the other. She trusts me, and I trust her...so there's no issue at all.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:22 PM

37,140 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Apparently that's the new thing...take turns going out separately. To think if I ever tried pulling that...
What? Are you saying that you have kids and a spouse, but there will actually be repercussions if you took turns going out separately? Why would that be the case? How do you line things up for meeting up with friends and activities that aren't mutually shared? And what exactly would your spouse do to you if you actually did that?

Also, regarding the OP's request--if you end up close to Saratoga Springs, is that a bonus in terms of having your family do some babysitting or helping out once in a while or is it more helpful to stay around Stoughton? If being near Saratoga Springs also works, then perhaps you should also ask the New York forum.

Also, what if someone just opened up a good brewpub and a few other businesses in the downtown-area of Mansfield. Maybe some gracious forum-ers can do a solid for you. TBH, Mansfield seems like it's more happening / walkable than the vast majority of US cities.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 10-02-2019 at 08:40 PM..

Old 10-03-2019, 11:36 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,643,596 times
OP, I am very curious how you landed in Mansfield in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts