Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 08:22 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,884,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
And when they are a baby it's the perfect opportunity to do such things seeing as the baby will spend the entire time sleeping in it's carrier.
Sure and when it wakes up and starts fussing and crying all the other patrons who are out for a night, after leaving their kids at home with a sitter, will just love that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 08:24 AM

3,222 posts, read 2,128,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
I don't drive when I drink. I live close enough to the places I drink to walk.
Of course because I don't live in Mansfield.
I answered in a way that I thought maybe you could use some critical thinking and see that, NO i do not condone drunk driving and provided you an example of what I do instead. Which brings us to specifically what this thread is about. A person who wants to live in a place where it is less likely to drive to such a place. You are running the gamut of assuming someone deals drugs, to now drinking and driving with a baby. What is wrong with you?

Monday is hard isn't it?

Old 09-30-2019, 08:26 AM

17,774 posts, read 9,221,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I wonder if the OP is planning to drive when she brings her child to breweries.

Is that something you'd condone, FCMA? How about you, GeePee? Timberline?
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiandressing View Post
So then you basically missed the entire point of the thread? Finding a walkable community to live in? And there’s always that whole designated driver method we could fall back on. You know, where one person elects not to drink so they can drive. OH, plus Uber.
I didn't miss the point of the thread. Based on the information you've provided, it's unlikely that you can afford the type of walkable community you're looking for. It seems you don't realize that.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:38 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,532,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Sure and when it wakes up and starts fussing and crying all the other patrons who are out for a night, after leaving their kids at home with a sitter, will just love that.

Not all babies cry. Some do, some don't.

My son slept through everything and never fussed. Dinners out after he was born was no problem at all.

If he was a fusser we would have asked grandma(s) to come babysit.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:39 AM

24 posts, read 15,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You drunkard!
Time to exchange that twelve string for twelve steps!
Hahahah <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Quote:
I answered in a way that I thought maybe you could use some critical thinking and see that, NO i do not condone drunk driving and provided you an example of what I do instead. Which brings us to specifically what this thread is about. A person who wants to live in a place where it is less likely to drive to such a place. You are running the gamut of assuming someone deals drugs, to now drinking and driving with a baby. What is wrong with you?

Monday is hard isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I didn't miss the point of the thread. Based on the information you've provided, it's unlikely that you can afford the type of walkable community you're looking for. It seems you don't realize that.
Omg you have NO CLUE what our finances are! 😂

Old 09-30-2019, 08:41 AM

I’d like to quickly interject and apologize to the folks who may stumble on this thread when searching for the same information that I was searching for. You’re going to have to pick through to find the good info but, please, do enjoy the “input” of the other clowns while you’re scrolling.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:43 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
I’m not familiar with the specific towns you mention, so I’ll speak in generalities. We moved from a bucolic area that was beautiful, but it was very boring. The highlight was a July 4th parade, with goat carts and riding mowers. We moved out of state near a city with things going on every weekend, and an active student, music and art community. In the tourist area, there are 100 good restaurants within walking distance.

You should go to a place where tourists gather, and/or a college town. Some of your choices are near the ocean, so these are what I’d look at first. Then look for a vibrant downtown with restaurants, shops and a theater.

Of the town’s you listed, I’d like Warren and Bristol.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m not familiar with the specific towns you mention, so I’ll speak in generalities. We moved from a bucolic area that was beautiful, but it was very boring. The highlight was a July 4th parade, with goat carts and riding mowers. We moved out of state near a city with things going on every weekend, and an active student, music and art community. In the tourist area, there are 100 good restaurants within walking distance.

You should go to a place where tourists gather, and/or a college town. Some of your choices are near the ocean, so these are what I’d look at first. Then look for a vibrant downtown with restaurants, shops and a theater.

Of the town’s you listed, I’d like Warren and Bristol.
This is kinda my frame of thinking. Warren and Bristol would hopefully give us most of the things we want and we’d still have grandparents somewhat proximal. I haven’t been to either of these places myself so we’re going to plan to take a couple of drives down that way! Thanks for dodging all the crap and putting together a thoughtful response - I appreciate you!

Old 09-30-2019, 09:01 AM

17,774 posts, read 9,221,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Just like some assumed the "side business" was selling drugs, when in fact it was walking dogs.
When someone gives the impression that they can live anywhere they want to, and also mentions that only one of them has a job and the other has a "side business", I think it's reasonable to assume that the "side business" must be lucrative. Add to that the secretive nature of the "side business"...and...well...walking dogs didn't exactly come to mind.

Quote:
Monday is hard isn't it?
Not for me, GeePee.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:04 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiandressing View Post
This is kinda my frame of thinking. Warren and Bristol would hopefully give us most of the things we want and we’d still have grandparents somewhat proximal. I haven’t been to either of these places myself so we’re going to plan to take a couple of drives down that way! Thanks for dodging all the crap and putting together a thoughtful response - I appreciate you!

My partner lives in Warren. Not a bad little place. Other than Galaxy (which has characters) I don't know about live music though. The only market I know there is It has some bones, but its right over the line at Stony Creek Farm (Swansea). The woman has been working the space for awhile (I think horses pay the bills) but bought it outright awhile back... she sells her own stuff (beef etc) but she has other local farmer vendors there once a week. She's good people. There is probably other stuff, I'm usually there weeknights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts