Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 06:41 AM

24,573 posts, read 18,423,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaia View Post
So I'm OK with snobs, I guess. I just don't want the mommy snobs who think cooking everything from organics scratch an who drive their kids to 7 different activities a week is the only way to be a parent.
How is eating organic and making sure your children are engaged and fed intellectual rocket fuel so they’re successful as adults being a snob? With what is known about things like pesticides and such, I would feed children organic food. Too late for me. I have decades of chemical exposure from before any of this was well understood. PCB-contaminated seafood. DDT. The rate for disease like ALS is really high in my zip code. My white collar professional parents kept me fully engaged as a child and it served me well as an adult.

I lived in Andover back when it still had townies. My best friend lives there so I’m in town a lot. Andover isn’t all that wealthy by high end suburban standards. It’s just comparatively affluent compared to anything near it since it’s not a great commute to the high wage Boston jobs. The Wiki says it ranks #38 in the state. It has an attractive Main Street and a top prep school so it’s a desirable place to live if you work nearby. The school system reflects the #38 rank. I can’t fault anyone for opting to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts