Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2024, 05:23 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,729,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Audi driver survived...I thought it was someone in the Camry who died, no?
Anyone in that accident could have died. Swap positions with the Camry and Audi and the results could have been the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2024, 05:35 PM

3,586 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
Anyone in that accident could have died. Swap positions with the Camry and Audi and the results could have been the same.
Not exactly....all cars are not engineered equal. There's crash data to support which models are superior at protecting their occupants....Camry is not at the top of the list.

Old 01-20-2024, 05:41 PM

In case you need a reminder....it's mostly luxury brand vehicles that are at the top of the list of least fatalities:

Midsize SUV's
#1 Tie beteween BMW X3 and Nissan Pathfinder with 0 fatals
#2Audi Q5 with 2 fatals

Midsize Sedans
#1 Lexus ES with 0 fatals
#2 Audi A4 with 7 fatals

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/driver-...make-and-model

Old 01-20-2024, 07:18 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,729,269 times
Nissan is a luxury brand?

Old 01-20-2024, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Notice, I said it is mostly luxury brands that are the ones with the least fatals.

Old 01-21-2024, 06:30 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
I’ve had Altimas as rental cars many times. I used to drive them to Lon Gisland to work in a CableVision lab. They’re about the same as a base level Camry. I have a Malibu today. Hertz F class cars are pretty underwhelming but I can still drive in the left lane 10 mph under the speed limit texting just like in my Subaru. I’m risking certain death because it’s not an Audi.

I was in an F 150 yesterday for a short ride. I had to stop and think about how to climb into the car because you pretty much need a ladder.

Old 01-21-2024, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I’ve had Altimas as rental cars many times. I used to drive them to Lon Gisland to work in a CableVision lab. They’re about the same as a base level Camry. I have a Malibu today. Hertz F class cars are pretty underwhelming but I can still drive in the left lane 10 mph under the speed limit texting just like in my Subaru. I’m risking certain death because it’s not an Audi.

I was in an F 150 yesterday for a short ride. I had to stop and think about how to climb into the car because you pretty much need a ladder.
If I was driving to Lon Gisland I'd be taking an Altima too..I'd rather have the wheels stolen off that vs my Audi.

Old 01-21-2024, 09:08 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Just got my insurance renewal (MAPFRE). FIFTY-ONE percent increase (perfect driving record here). I'm bull$%$%. The state police needs to get out there and start cracking down. Like YESTERDAY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motifone View Post
Got mine from GEICO. 94% increase in 12 month premium -- no tickets or accidents. Gieco. Was told they discovered they were not charging MA residents the right rates for the claims incurred in the state. hah!
So when I got around to calling my agent, it turns out one of my discounts "somehow" dropped off but he reinstated it. Instead of going from $975 to $1473/year, it's now $1350/year (38% increase vs. 51%). A little better but still crazy. Reasons he gave me, were inflation and increased cost of repairing vehicles due to all the new sensors and equipment in new models. And yes, more people aka. "inatentive" driving and more crashes. He said that the insurers lost a lot of money last year, and now have to recover those losses.

Old 01-23-2024, 04:16 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
If I was driving to Lon Gisland I'd be taking an Altima too..I'd rather have the wheels stolen off that vs my Audi.
The Cablevision lab was in Woodbury, not the Bronx. The next town west of Soyosset in the eastern end of Nassau County close to Suffolk County. Very white collar. ~ $200k median household income. Corporate HQ is in the old Grumman building in Bethpage. That’s a less posh town.

Old 01-23-2024, 07:00 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
So when I got around to calling my agent, it turns out one of my discounts "somehow" dropped off but he reinstated it. Instead of going from $975 to $1473/year, it's now $1350/year (38% increase vs. 51%). A little better but still crazy. Reasons he gave me, were inflation and increased cost of repairing vehicles due to all the new sensors and equipment in new models. And yes, more people aka. "inatentive" driving and more crashes. He said that the insurers lost a lot of money last year, and now have to recover those losses.

Yes to all those reasons, but what are the stats on car theft in Mass these days? Up here, they have spiked quite a bit in the past year. Tons of our cars end up in the Middle East these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts