Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 09:16 AM

849 posts, read 554,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
^Is that our bar for entry now?

But speaking of which, ever occur to you why we have so many international-born medical professionals in this country (surgeons, physicians, nurses)? It's because there aren't enough WHITES going into those professions.
These people need qualifications AND an H1B work visa. They were not just dropped here randomly.
Why do you always talk about race? We are talking about education here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2023, 09:25 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,097,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtPleasantDream View Post
These people need qualifications AND an H1B work visa. They were not just dropped here randomly.
Why do you always talk about race? We are talking about education here.
Oh come on. Weren't you the one who called out Haitians dropping property values? You know the demographic Haitians fall into, you don't know their education level. Hence my comment on "thinly veiled" racism.

Old 07-19-2023, 09:26 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Hyde park is filled with Haitians. There's a reason it's the cheapest place in Boston to live. That and Mattapan.

Old 07-19-2023, 09:39 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,021,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Hyde park is filled with Haitians. There's a reason it's the cheapest place in Boston to live. That and Mattapan.
Hyde Park is one of the furthest flung and most poorly connected (both in terms of transit and roads) neighborhoods in the city. When looking at why it's more affordable than most other neighborhoods, that's probably where I'd start.

Old 07-19-2023, 10:00 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Hyde Park is one of the furthest flung and most poorly connected (both in terms of transit and roads) neighborhoods in the city. When looking at why it's more affordable than most other neighborhoods, that's probably where I'd start.
Then why do west roxbury and roslindale cost quite a bit more and they're right next door?

Old 07-19-2023, 10:14 AM

849 posts, read 554,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Oh come on. Weren't you the one who called out Haitians dropping property values? You know the demographic Haitians fall into, you don't know their education level. Hence my comment on "thinly veiled" racism.
I didn't even think about race when I said that.
An influx of homeless white men from London or Paris will drop property values too.
Obviously your first reaction about anything is race, which reveals something about your mindset.

Old 07-19-2023, 10:17 AM

I think MANY people are simply frustrated that masses of poor people are being shipped to MA to flood our schools, hospitals, roads, public transit, etc. Why?

Old 07-19-2023, 10:23 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Quote:
Haiti is the size of Maryland yet the population is 11.45 million. That is pretty ridiculous and irresponsible. Perhaps a birth decline in Haiti is in order. It's so bizarre to me that the poorer people are the more kids they have.
The Catholic Church influence is very strong in Haiti- no birth control (and little to no health care). It is immensely over populated and deforested.
-- Peace Corps Haiti, 1986.

Old 07-19-2023, 10:24 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,021,203 times
Quote:
Then why do west roxbury and roslindale cost quite a bit more and they're right next door?
Rozzi is quite a bit better connected to central Boston. There are several commuter rail stops and a big chunk of the neighborhood is walkable (or a quick bus connection) to the OL at Forest Hills. West Rox has always been the more desirable of Boston's "suburban" neighborhoods and it also has better connectivity to the city and areas around it like Newton and JP. There are plenty of other factors too, but if you want to believe the only thing influencing the difference in cost is "The Haitians," then I'm sure I'm not going to sway you.

Old 07-19-2023, 10:25 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
The Catholic Church influence is very strong in Haiti- no birth control (and little to no health care). It is immensely over populated and deforested.
-- Peace Corps Haiti, 1986.
Not my problem. Irish Catholics figured it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts