Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 04:48 AM

5 posts, read 16,411 times

Advertisements

Granville, move to Granville. Country living, cultural and quaint New England town, but close to Westfield, Southwick, Granby, Ct.....they even sell pizza at the country store now!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 02:18 PM

6 posts, read 9,925 times
Default Thinking about living in Westfield, MA

I have lived here 30 years due to my parents decision to come here. This town aside from low crime has nothing to offer. They have 3 restaurants and nothing to do at all. The City government needs a major overhaul cleaning up I agree. I have been looking at different states to live in. The cost of living is a F on area vibes,com for little old Westfield, wow. For what. taxes are almost $4000 a year and there is nothing downtown to do. The roads are terrible and they use taxes for things like building a parking garage, for who?? Everyone that lives here goes elsewhere to dine out or for anything to do. It is a sleeping city everyone works outside of Westfield and commutes back. I have no ill will about anyone here it just has nothing to offer but that is just my opinion.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:28 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,812,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesira View Post
I have lived here 30 years due to my parents decision to come here. This town aside from low crime has nothing to offer. They have 3 restaurants and nothing to do at all. The City government needs a major overhaul cleaning up I agree. I have been looking at different states to live in. The cost of living is a F on area vibes,com for little old Westfield, wow. For what. taxes are almost $4000 a year and there is nothing downtown to do. The roads are terrible and they use taxes for things like building a parking garage, for who?? Everyone that lives here goes elsewhere to dine out or for anything to do. It is a sleeping city everyone works outside of Westfield and commutes back. I have no ill will about anyone here it just has nothing to offer but that is just my opinion.
I think the quietness is the main appeal of Westfield. Would you rather live in Westfield or Springfield? That's what I thought.

Also, I'm not sure what your parents decision to move there has to do with you living there for 30 years. 18 years I can understand, but 30 years? What have you been doing for the past 12 years? I moved out of state when I was 17 and haven't been back to my parents house for more than a week at a time for an occasional visit.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:16 AM

7 posts, read 9,543 times
I've lived in Westfield for 26 years, my whole life and counting. My husband and I have just started house hunting, and I have to tell you, in our price range(150,000) there are houses that should be priced more around 120,000-135,000. Easthampton and Southampton are worse, being that houses priced 175,000-190,000 should really be in the 145,000 to 155,000 price range. My advice would be to find a good realtor who has been in the area a long time and knows what they are doing. They should care more about what you want than the commission they make. We are working with Heather Witalisz, and she is very good. First time we met with her she asked what we would want if money weren't an issue, and since then all she's been is awesome! Good luck to anyone who is looking! I can say I honestly love Westfield and would recommend it to someone who doesn't need a fast paced city life. Westfield is a great mix of rural and small town. In the past year about 4 new restaurants have been added. The Westfield shops are a great shopping center, and there are plenty of things to do around town if you put your mind to it. If you're a family looking, the Westfield children's museum and Amelia park(Ice Skating Rink) are right next to each other, and the boys and girls club is a very strong community here. We have a YMCA, and if you are religious, many different denominational churches. We have Hampton Ponds State Park in the summer time for boating/fishing/swimming. Stanley Park is also one of Westfield's more beautiful assets, summer or winter. I hope I've given you enough to think about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts