Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 12:27 AM

13 posts, read 50,728 times

Advertisements

I live in Kingston and love it. It's close to the beaches and the Cape, while still close enough for trips into Boston. Yet, despite being so close to everything you really get that rural feel in some parts which is nice in this busy world we live in. The schools are great, K-12 are all new buildings and they have organized sports from Soccer to lacrosse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 02:14 PM

33 posts, read 95,090 times
Do you have to worry about traffic? Do you want a more rural feel or surburban feel?

For surburban I would say Hingham, Norwell, Hanover... more rural would be Carver, Sandwich, Kingston, Pembroke, Plympton, Cohasset, Scituate, Duxbury and Marshfield.

The more expensive towns from the list above are: Norwell, Hingham, Cohasset, Scituate, Duxbury, Marshfield and Hanover. The towns you'd get a bigger house for your money are Carver, Sandwich, Kingston, Pembroke and Plympton.

I grew up in Plymouth, live in Sandwich now and hubby grew up in Plymouth. I've worked in Hingham, Norwell and now farther north. The traffic can be brutal the farther south you live (from Boston). For instance, for me to get from Sandwich to Canton (up rte 3 to rte 128) it takes a solid 1.5 hours because of traffic on a weekday. Keep in mind that I leave the house at 5:30 so I can make it to work by 7am... luckily I work weekends so I tend to miss traffic.

Sandwich is beautiful, rural, has that wonderful cape cod feel and a great school. I've been here for 5 years now and I like it. I'd prefer to move back to Carver but that is because I grew up there (though they have a good school there too). If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask. Being a local, I know most of those towns well. Good luck in your search.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:13 AM
m.1

7 posts, read 28,783 times
North marshfield/marshfield hills - duxbury - scituate - kingston - and norwell . . .
I would look in these very fine towns first, all very safe, with excellent public schools and sports programs. I have been in marshfield for 30 years and i love it.
Oh, and many marshfield teams have been consistent regional winners within many different sports for quite some time now . . .

Old 11-21-2010, 04:35 AM

116 posts, read 316,911 times
I don't recommend Marshfield. It's not as nice as the other towns mentioned.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:11 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,527,415 times
Marshfield is a lovely town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts