Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 06:47 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,256,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
No, no, no, no - this train wreck is way too good to look away from.

It wouldn't be a proper Monday to have not woken up with a bunch of racial slurs thrown around like it is common language on a Hawaii moving message board.

Perhaps a YouTube video is just what we need?
Here ya go...

John Lennon - Give Peace A Chance [1969] ReWorked - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 06:49 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
No, he did not... nor did he write any of what he posted in Posts #295-299. That reference was merely embedded in the website he did the copy and paste from.

Rolleyes indeed.
Thats also another thing that mainland haoles like to do, The truth isnt truth unless its a popular opinion, you have an degree or your rich. Traditional Natives, truth is truth.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
I think what HBH meant is that you're implicitly defending white supremacist policies by defending the events following the overthrow. I think the whole demanding an apology thing was unnecessary and led to a huge derailment. People are often a lot harsher on forums than they would be normally-- Better to accept that rather than getting your feelings hurt and demanding apologies.
Exactly you have wisdom friend. But unfortunately this is just a smoke screen, like an illusionist who gets you to focus on one hand and ignore whats really going on.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKWC View Post
Isn't that what you've been trying to accomplish since you derailed this thread 30 pages ago?
I derailed the thread? Im confused? Was i speaking to myself? No offense just wondering? Or did i stumble unto another member of the good ol boys club of CDF Hawai'i

Or is this another example of what i was saying? But i guess it isn't derailed intil OpenD or Whtviper1 etc says it is?

Old 06-30-2014, 07:18 PM

Further lets call it for what it is? Im being told off by two guys that are always the first to tell people they don't live in hawaii, always the first to correct people and the first to quote the rules and tell people what is right or wrong. Does that sound like harmony or inclusion?

Old 06-30-2014, 07:27 PM

242 posts, read 391,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Further lets call it for what it is? Im being told off by two guys that are always the first to tell people they don't live in hawaii, always the first to correct people and the first to quote the rules and tell people what is right or wrong. Does that sound like harmony or inclusion?
And by posting unfounded and absurd statements about a place you don't live in, have no democratic say in its future and haven't been to in 20+ years, you are merely stirring-the-pot and not contributing either.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:41 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,422,673 times
Quote:
Hey learned it from the best OpenD, hey your the king of cut & paste right? Mr google?
You copied pages from a copyrighted website and posted it here without even indicating that you had not written that material. Ask JonahK to explain what plagiarism means.

When I copy and paste an exerpt from a website I always follow the rules here, posting only a snip and including a link to the source. What I post as my own words are my own words.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKWC View Post
And by posting unfounded and absurd statements about a place you don't live in, have no democratic say in its future and haven't been to in 20+ years, you are merely stirring-the-pot and not contributing either.
So your going to ignore that i was born there, went to school there, lived over a decade there? And what unfounded and absurd statements am i making? You do realise that 90% of the people posting on this Hawai'i forum don't even know any other reality then the age of Walmart and major department stores in Hawai'i? This is the only truth most know? But obviously you have some inside information? Why don't you share it? Obviously im contributing? It maynt be what you think is valuable? But being honest here im really not saying im better then anyone, im not. Im just have a different reality of our home and different experiences. Where you from Bruddah?

Old 06-30-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
You copied pages from a copyrighted website and posted it here without even indicating that you had not written that material. Ask JonahK to explain what plagiarism means.

When I copy and paste an exerpt from a website I always follow the rules here, posting only a snip and including a link to the source. What I post as my own words are my own words.
Feeling superior yet?

Old 06-30-2014, 07:56 PM

242 posts, read 391,490 times
Quote:
So your going to ignore that i was born there, went to school there, lived over a decade there?
You left when you were 12 years old. You cannot claim to be well-versed in the current reality of living on the Islands when you (a) haven't been there in 20+ years, and (b) did not have to support yourself when you did live there.

Let those who do live on the Islands speak for the Islands and those who do not live there - such as yourself - stop trying to force their utopian views from their innocent childhood on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui