Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 08:01 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times

Advertisements

Moderators please edit out and delete my post above and thank you for your quick action.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:44 AM

39 posts, read 289,486 times
Actually, I agree with AHStaffley. I wasn't the one who initially brought up race. It was the comments in the other posts that annoyed me about staying away from Blacks. And yes, the racism goes both ways. I never said that a white person would be welcome in Whitehaven either. I honestly don't know if you would or not. I do know that there are white people that still live in that area. But you don't really want to live in Whitehaven do you? I don't. When I talk about being welcome to live in certain areas, I'm talking about "desirable" areas. Look at the recent cross burning incident in Byhalia, MS. Come on people, it's 2006. There are black people that want to live in the same safe communities that you do but we are not welcome there. I'm not a gang member, nor is anyone in my family, and I've never committed a crime in my life. All I'm saying is you just can't make a blanket statement to stay away from blacks - that's a racist comment. Racism is a huge problem in Memphis, and I'm tired of it too. It's sad that we are even having this discussion. To bad we can't just all get along.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:55 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigApple View Post
It's sad that we are even having this discussion. To bad we can't just all get along.
A second "amen to that". It didn't help we had a troll active in this discussion trying to inflame things. His posts have since been deleted and the member speding some deserved time in "banned" camp. At this point probably the mods should lock this discussion.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:48 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
A second "amen to that". It didn't help we had a troll active in this discussion trying to inflame things. His posts have since been deleted and the member speding some deserved time in "banned" camp. At this point probably the mods should lock this discussion.
If that is what you want, I agree too! Done
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis