Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 4,281 times

Advertisements

WOW!!!I thought I was the only one... I usually go on 3 or 4 months addictions to certain types of foods. my last one was watermelon. But for the past two years I have been hooked on Mentos sugar-free breath mints in the blue tin can. They're round and clearish blue colored and they are awesome. But I haven't understood why I crave them so much. It used to be I would eat only one or two cans at the most a day. Now I am up to 3 to 4 day. The lady special orders them for me at the gas station that I go to so I can buy them in bulk rather than spending $3 a can. She recommended that I Google and see why I'm craving them. I appreciate the input from this website. I now see that is a possibility that my iron is low so I'm going to go to my doctor and get it checked. I'll keep you posted as to whether or not it helped with my mint addiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 05:21 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,383,686 times
I only buy them once in awhile. They are like potato chips, you can't just eat one.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:21 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,879,617 times
Well this is an old thread but it keeps coming back to life.

Altoids can be used for anxiety, almost as a medication. because they pull mindfulness awareness to the mouth (a very heavy nerve area in the brain map). I would suggest that addicts are treating anxiety with them.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,179 times
I am also addicted to altoids, I have so many tins in my house and car. It all started when I was pregnant and then I had the baby and then a couple of months later I was at it again. I wonder if I am anemic again. I'm worried about my teeth they are sensitive to the mint and hurt.I am also addicted to the orbit peppermint gum. Does anyone know if they make you gain weight?

Old 08-26-2016, 12:21 PM

776 posts, read 580,284 times
Hi, my name is Dustin and I'm an altoid addict. Thank you for the info, I will be taking Iron pills to see what happens, also have gluten issues. I used the cheep Canadian mints or tictacs.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,123 times
I have an altoid addiction. When I was little I would ask my parents if I could get them anytime I could find them. It was the taste at first. As I got older I forgot about them. About a year ago I picked up a package and bought them and since then I've been eating at least 2-3 packs a day. I try so hard to not chew them up, but then I binge on a package and it will be gone in about 30 minutes to an hour. I am not quite anemic, but right there on the line. Sometimes I have low iron and other times I'm fine. I love the crunch and the burn of the peppermint after eating a whole lot of them. I just need to quit eating them all together but it is so hard. I told my mother that I need to be taking iron supplements but she doesn't seem to think so.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:02 AM

1 posts, read 4,016 times
The wintergreen Altoids are the best imo they taste sweeter than the peppermint ones

Old 02-24-2017, 01:14 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,961 times
I like the Cinnamon Altoids!

Old 12-13-2018, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,333 times
Ok so I do not quite think I am addicted to altoids yet, but i eat one can a week. Maybe I'm in the early stages, not a smoker or anything kinda just need help, cost too much money and they don't even taste good.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:38 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,100,928 times
I used to be addicted to the starlight mints. I think it's because I sit at a desk all day and get sleepy so the mint would wake me up. I never ate any on the weekends. One day I just decided to stop buying them and I don't even crave them anymore. I won't even go to the candy aisle anymore when I'm grocery shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health