Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:18 PM

874 posts, read 3,679,726 times

Advertisements

Ok..I am addicted to altoids..I'm on my 4th can already. Yesterday I went to Costcos and bought em in bulk..2 packages which = 24 cans..I'm already down to 16! What do you suppose this addiction is all about? I savor the crunch and taste. i literally feign for them when I am out!! My body might be lacking something..iron? can anyone relate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 09:22 PM

812 posts, read 2,307,364 times
When I was lacking iron I used to crunch too, it was ice for me, all day long I had to crunch one ice. You may be on to something. Did you go to the Dr.? After I had a hysterectomy I didn't chew on ice anymore and just drinking water was fine for me. been years since for me. Take some iron vitamins and go to the Dr. and have Dr. run blood test.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:28 PM

Thanx for the quick response..Yes, I will have to take my iron pills and head to the doctor. Its a crazy addiction..not to mention the money I spend on these dam things!! My 7 year old is sick of it..not to mention hubby..

Old 06-28-2008, 09:29 PM

655 posts, read 916,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
Ok..I am addicted to altoids..I'm on my 4th can already. Yesterday I went to Costcos and bought em in bulk..2 packages which = 24 cans..I'm already down to 16! What do you suppose this addiction is all about? I savor the crunch and taste. i literally feign for them when I am out!! My body might be lacking something..iron? can anyone relate?

hmm, do you have bad breath? I use altoids too, but not because of my breath, but because I like the cold refreshing feeling they leave. But did you notice after you eat a bunch of them, your mouth gets all funky? I never viewed them as addicting though. Just set them down and walk away, see what happens from there.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:32 PM

Lol!! No, I dont think I have bad breath..i hope to hell not!! I dont think I give myself enough time to figure out if I have bad breath or not!! Lol!! In either case, I have set them down and kept it moving..but find myself going back for them and doubling up on the mints!! For me..it started off with the cool refreshing taste..but as Prinny said..its really the crunch that I love!!

Old 06-28-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
Thanx for the quick response..Yes, I will have to take my iron pills and head to the doctor. Its a crazy addiction..not to mention the money I spend on these dam things!! My 7 year old is sick of it..not to mention hubby..
I used to buy bags of ice from the store. I totally understand! Please let me know how it goes. For me it went on a very long time and progressively escalated. 1/2 bag of ice and gradually always kept chewing on more and more. That was like 13 years ago.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
hmm, do you have bad breath? I use altoids too, but not because of my breath, but because I like the cold refreshing feeling they leave. But did you notice after you eat a bunch of them, your mouth gets all funky? I never viewed them as addicting though. Just set them down and walk away, see what happens from there.
Travel, that's the thing, you cannot walk away, gotta have it, the crunch, it's the crunch, cruch cruch

Old 06-28-2008, 09:42 PM

Yes!! I just finished a can..started eating em when i wrote this post..which was about 10 mins ago!

Old 06-28-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
I used to buy bags of ice from the store. I totally understand! Please let me know how it goes. For me it went on a very long time and progressively escalated. 1/2 bag of ice and gradually always kept chewing on more and more. That was like 13 years ago.
It certainly has progressed for me..i used to eat maybe about 3 tins a week!! Now..as I said before..i buy them by the bulk and am certain they wont last by the end of the week. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:53 PM

Do you think it's the cold or coolness, cause w/ me it was cold from the ice cubes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health