Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 03:57 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,077,463 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile, border violence seems to be collapsing.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:33 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,736,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3dw View Post
You really aren't too clued in on anything relating to Mexico it seems.
If that's the best response you can come up with you really are clueless period

Old 05-12-2012, 04:37 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,342,707 times
From the Guadalajara Reporter:

Lakeside kidnap victims among dead in May 9 massacre | Guadalajara Reporter

Kidnapped people who were going to be in the dead body count, escaped their captors.

Quote:
Later in the day Jalisco Attorney General Tomas Coronado made his initial statement, reporting that the killings were linked to the May 8 police raid of a safe house in the Jalisco municipality of Tala, where a dozen individuals had been held in captivity by a criminal gang. He indicated that the multiple kidnapping-murder plot had been cooked up by the Zeta drug cartel in retaliation for a mass homicide of 23 persons late last week in Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas.
I think the plan to strew body parts in the Lake Chapala area was to show the vocal ex-pat community that the criminals can go anywhere they please. The foreign community has demanded more security and the federales have opened a permanent office in Chapala. The Army has had a presence around Lake Chapala for some time. The Army is good because they have been so far polite young men who have not been corrupted by the cartels. That is why Calderon chose the Army in his fight against the cartels because it hasn't been corrupted as many in law enforcement have.

No foreigners have been threatened, kidnapped or harmed but we do know the relatives of the youngsters who have been kidnapped and murdered. This is the first time we know where innocents have been kidnapped and not members of rival gangs.

I doubt the bad guys want to threaten the foreign community. To abduct foreigners would force D.C. to act and even the cartels do not want the U.S. invading Mexico. The U.S. can't have a criminal government run by the cartels on its Southern border.

Howard Feldstein, President of LCS (Lake Chapala Society) interviewed on CNN. Howard is a retired engineer (geek) and not a professional PR person so don't expect a sales job.

Howard Feldstein on CNN - May 11, 2012.wmv - YouTube

Old 05-12-2012, 07:24 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,112,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
From the Guadalajara Reporter:

Lakeside kidnap victims among dead in May 9 massacre | Guadalajara Reporter

Kidnapped people who were going to be in the dead body count, escaped their captors.

I think the plan to strew body parts in the Lake Chapala area was to show the vocal ex-pat community that the criminals can go anywhere they please. The foreign community has demanded more security and the federales have opened a permanent office in Chapala. The Army has had a presence around Lake Chapala for some time. The Army is good because they have been so far polite young men who have not been corrupted by the cartels. That is why Calderon chose the Army in his fight against the cartels because it hasn't been corrupted as many in law enforcement have.

No foreigners have been threatened, kidnapped or harmed but we do know the relatives of the youngsters who have been kidnapped and murdered. This is the first time we know where innocents have been kidnapped and not members of rival gangs.

I doubt the bad guys want to threaten the foreign community. To abduct foreigners would force D.C. to act and even the cartels do not want the U.S. invading Mexico. The U.S. can't have a criminal government run by the cartels on its Southern border.

Howard Feldstein, President of LCS (Lake Chapala Society) interviewed on CNN. Howard is a retired engineer (geek) and not a professional PR person so don't expect a sales job.

Howard Feldstein on CNN - May 11, 2012.wmv - YouTube
We won't do anything as long as people like Bush II, Obama, and Romney inhabit the White House. They have no balls and are either beholden to big business corporations that need cheap labor (aka illegal immigrants) or are sellouts who want the Hispanic vote over the American vote.

Mark my words though, the day we get a far right administration in power Mexico is TOAST. Don't even bother resisting because were going to go all the way to the Guatemalan border.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
So the pro-drug side knows that the bodies found near Lake Chapala were all drug runners to the USA?

I think it's rather silly to think these evil people are going to put on suit and ties and accept a $40 a week maquila jobs just because all drugs are made legal in the USA.

No one forces them to join a criminal cartel, they do so because they love big easy money more than life itself. There is no one more evil than a drug pusher who seeks huge wealth through the addiction of others to highly addictive substances that destroy their lives and families --- whether in the USA or in Mexico. These people will not be missed.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
We won't do anything as long as people like Bush II, Obama, and Romney inhabit the White House. They have no balls and are either beholden to big business corporations that need cheap labor (aka illegal immigrants) or are sellouts who want the Hispanic vote over the American vote.

Mark my words though, the day we get a far right administration in power Mexico is TOAST. Don't even bother resisting because were going to go all the way to the Guatemalan border.
You really don't know anything, do you? Mexican/Americans don't vote for the president who wants and encourages their family and friends to be kidnapped, tortured and beheaded while alive. If that was true, then why hasn't a candidate thought, "I want the Asian/American vote so I'll have gangs kidnap their relatives and behead them while they are still alive, cut up their bodies and throw the body parts out all over the countryside. That will get me their vote."

The U.S. doesn't invade countries, except under sociopathic Republicans who want to prove their manhood. Romney was a childhood sociopath like GWB, so he might decide to invade Canada as long as he is safe and sound.

The U.S. needs more uneducated far Right Wing rule so that it can really go belly up. The economy has always faltered under Republicans so why not crash it beyond repair and let Mexico, whose economy is healthy, take over?

Old 05-12-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So the pro-drug side knows that the bodies found near Lake Chapala were all drug runners to the USA?

I think it's rather silly to think these evil people are going to put on suit and ties and accept a $40 a week maquila jobs just because all drugs are made legal in the USA.

No one forces them to join a criminal cartel, they do so because they love big easy money more than life itself. There is no one more evil than a drug pusher who seeks huge wealth through the addiction of others to highly addictive substances that destroy their lives and families --- whether in the USA or in Mexico. These people will not be missed.
This time some of the young people kidnapped were not in the drug trade. One was an engineering student, two were students and waiters at restaurants catering to foreigners, one was the son of a well known and liked restaurant owner, etc. These were not kids in the drug trade or who were into drugs. This is the first time we know of that innocents were taken. I guess they ran out of rival gang members to kidnap by the deadline. The bodies that were found were decapitated while alive with a chain saw. These drug gangs are not human and should be treated as what they are, terrorists.

The U.S. is lending CIA, retired military, police, etc. to help but obviously there needs to be more. Maybe some drone attacks?

Old 05-12-2012, 10:11 AM

305 posts, read 750,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

you're dumber than the purple rain poster. go away. both of you.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:17 AM

4,146 posts, read 2,842,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
How are Americans using drugs in America creating violence in Mexico?
Is this a serious question?

Old 05-12-2012, 01:50 PM

I answered wrong and tried to delete
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.