Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 01:21 AM

202 posts, read 686,138 times

Advertisements

I know its mainly Cuban, but is there anyone else at all?
Hispanic/Latino is such a broad term that covers anyone from Latin America. Any answers?

Old 08-28-2010, 01:22 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,193,556 times
Nicaraguans and Colombians by the most part.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:23 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,868,375 times
doral is full of Venezuelans, sweetwater nicas, Colombians, and cubans

Old 08-28-2010, 06:34 AM

119 posts, read 249,120 times
The old timer white Cuban's of the 50's, 60's and 70's are starting to dwindle and many of their offspring have left Miami for good. Now there's mostly newer Cubans as well as a lot of South and Central Americans.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:51 AM

199 posts, read 475,812 times
About half Cubans. They are still predominant in Westchester and Hialeah and found throughout. In addition, many Colombians and Peruvians in W. Kendall, Venezuelans in Doral, Nicaraguans and Hondurans in Little Havana (which is still more Cuban) and the Flagler area, Argentinians in NE Dade and Miami Beach, Dominicans in Allapattah, Mexicans in S. Dade, etc..

Old 08-28-2010, 09:40 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,075,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatitdo? View Post
I know its mainly Cuban, but is there anyone else at all?
Hispanic/Latino is such a broad term that covers anyone from Latin America. Any answers?

Actually Miami Dade is not mainly Cuban anymore .... you have Colombians , Venezuelans , Mexicans , Dominicans , Argentines , Nicaraguans , Puerto Ricans ... even Brazilians although technically not Hispanic they are Latins .... you will find that many Hispanic groups are very different from each other in their food , accents , dress and mannerisims ... it is not Mexican monoculture like in California , Texas or Arizona ... also you will find that many of the Hispanic /Latin groups do not like each other .. it is shocking how often you will hear Colombians and Venezuelans ragging on each other , Chileans and Argentines , dislike each other .. Brazilians and Argentines , the same .. Dominicans & Puerto Ricans the same ... and no one seems to like the Cubans very much .. it is bizarre really . You will also find many Hispanic / Latins in fact the majority that are warm , wonderful , likeable people ( yes Cubans too !! ) that will take the shirts off their backs in a heart beat to help you out and others that are loud , in your face , annoying and have third world mentalities ... pretty much the same varying degrees of people as any other ethnic group ... being a non-Hispanic white guy married to a Hispanic woman ( Cuban ) .... I have a pretty good picture and view of the situation in Miami and South Florida in general . One thing to note that makes Miami Hispanic / Latins much different than Hispanics in other parts of the country ... Hispanics in Miami and South Florida in general are more affluent , educated and yes I hate to say it "whiter" or should I say "European " than the Mexicans or Central Americans you will find in California or Texas ... thus they can be more "in your face " and high profile than the quieter , more unassuming indigenous working class Mexicans , Guatemalans and Salvadoreans in Texas and the West Coast .. many Hispanics in South Florida are all out wealthy and some what "stuck up " or elitist ... go to Key Biscayne , Coral Gables or Aventura on a week end and you will see what I mean .... again just some observations from a timid observer ....... also you will some many of these elitist Hispanics produce some of the most striking beautiful women you will see anywhere ... my wife smacks me all of the time for "accidentally" sneaking a peek when we go down there !!

In summary you have all Hispanic nationalities represented in South Florida ... from working class people in Hialeah , West Miami , Westchester ... to more middle class in Doral , Pembroke Pines and Kendall to obscenely wealthy like in Coral Gables , Pine Crest , Key Biscayne , Aventura , Bal Harbor , Weston , Palm Beach , etc , etc .

Last edited by Rock Newman; 08-28-2010 at 09:54 AM..

Old 08-28-2010, 11:16 PM

535 posts, read 1,410,737 times
On my experience (SW Miami), mostly are Cuban, then Colombians and then Venezuelans... the most educated I must say Colombians. The worst and low cultured, Cubans...

Old 08-29-2010, 12:08 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,193,556 times
Colombians the most educated? that's so laughable

Old 08-29-2010, 05:15 AM

10 posts, read 27,214 times
Mostly cubans and puerto ricans

Old 08-29-2010, 08:52 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,453,322 times
Like Rock said you pretty much have every hispanic background represented here in Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami