Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 07:40 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times

Advertisements

You can't help who you fall for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 08:46 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Because deep inside you know my actions are justifiable.

Well, many of your posts are a touch bitter. Besides that, you also seemed gay or like a misogynist..maybe you are both?

Its much better for society for a misogynist to be gay than be straight and end up emotionally abusing the woman in his life, imo.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:11 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Nah, I don't hate women as to wish them a painful and slow death, I just dislike the girly stuff - the idea that everything with a penis is evil. They annoy me. But I'm not gay or straight either.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:28 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Besides that, you also seemed gay or like a misogynist..maybe you are both?
I don't think that... I simply asked because previous posts I thought I read where he batted for his team as opposed to the other team.

I think he has a similar philosophy on woman as I do... if they're going to be a b itch, I'm not interested. Let them go out and be used and abused by macho STD filled losers.

If they're going to be a real, down to earth person that is genuinely nice, then I'm on board.

Ignoring somebody or being unfriendly to strangers or "fending off" people unfortunately to me falls into the former rather than the latter.

It doesn't take much to simply smile, make a short conversation and then be on your way with an excuse if you aren't interested.

Maybe I just expect too much out of people these days, though.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:03 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
I don't think that... I simply asked because previous posts I thought I read where he batted for his team as opposed to the other team.

I think he has a similar philosophy on woman as I do... if they're going to be a b itch, I'm not interested. Let them go out and be used and abused by macho STD filled losers.

If they're going to be a real, down to earth person that is genuinely nice, then I'm on board.

Ignoring somebody or being unfriendly to strangers or "fending off" people unfortunately to me falls into the former rather than the latter.

It doesn't take much to simply smile, make a short conversation and then be on your way with an excuse if you aren't interested.

Maybe I just expect too much out of people these days, though.

I have to say, I used to do that to every guy that would approach me. But it got to the point where I encountered a lot of extremely rude and disrespectful behavior from strange men down here, that I became a ***** to most strange men that try to pick me up.

I have friendly banter with say a guy in line at Starbucks, but I also have a bit more street smarts now. I used to be very polite and had my excuses when approached and then when they would ask for my number:

"Thanks but I'm married"
"I have a boyfriend"
"I'm here with my family right now, so this isn't approriate, but thanks"
"I'm quite flattered but I'm on vacation"

Now, unless he is behaving like a pure 100% gentleman, is the only time I will pull that crap. But it is so rare, that usually a man that seems naturally chivalrous will have a chance with me.

Its funny because when I'm out of state, I notice it seems like every man is a gentlemen. They will ask for your number after 30 minutes of conversation from sitting in a park or train. If you say you are flattered but not interested or have a BF, they will say "Well he is a lucky guy, it was a pleasure talking to you". If men in Miami did this, they would be golden with women.

Most men in Miami, if they spent 30 minutes of their time talking to you and you didn't give them your number would be openly flabbergasted. Rude, and this ruins your chances in case we ever have a chance encounter again.

Many of the guys that approach me at random say things like this:
"Hey pretty mama, how you doing" *barking noises*
"I wasn't gonna call you anyways"
"Look at you, look at what you're wearing, ugh"
"You're 22? I'm 55 and married, but I'd love to get to know you"
"You have a great body, my wife used to work out. But not anymore"
"Whats your country?"
"I own a successful business, would you like to go out sometime?"
"You don't go to the bars? Really? Wow, what do you do then? "
"I'm in town for three days. You should come out to party"
"DAYUM, mami.....(I walk away as quickly as possible so I don't here whatever derogatory things they are about to say about my body)

Keep in mind here, I'm talking about complete strangers speaking this way to me.

Some of the guys on this board really shouldn't resent women so much, but I know there is no way anyone can change that. Its hard being a woman down here. When you are constantly bombarded by random guys making animal noises, kissing sounds, or who diss you when you turn them down politly (these are all quite disrespectful things to do to a stranger), it just becomes easier to pretend you don't hear them when they try to say something to you as you are walking from the car to the store.

My point of view.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:34 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
I totally understand Pear. It's the same deal out here in San Diego. It used to P*** me off how utterly paranoid the SoCal women were, but then I started to notice what would happen as a girl would come down the boardwalk towards me. She basically had to walk through (or past) a gauntlet of 20 or so guys that were cat-calling her, asking for dates, trying to get an "angle" with her so they can pick her locks, or generally showing some sort of disrespect and making asses of themselves. It really used to baffle me how these guys had ZERO self awareness. Like, did they REALLY think this crap would work? So the axiom from that point on became crystal clear, that axiom being: The problem with San Diego girls is the San Diego men. Pure and simple. And this axiom seems to apply to a lot of warm coastal places. There seems to be this growing culture of new primitivism where our society is becoming like that movie "Idiocracy". I hoped that we would be seeing some evolution of consciousness in the 21st century, but it sometimes seems like we've entered a new dark ages.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:04 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
"The problem with San Diego girls is the San Diego men."

Is this art reflects life? Or life reflects art?

I have come to the conclusion that many, not all, women are attention needing people, they crave attention no matter how petty and how rude it may be.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:04 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
"The problem with San Diego girls is the San Diego men."

Is this art reflects life? Or life reflects art?

I have come to the conclusion that many, not all, women are attention needing people, they crave attention no matter how petty and how rude it may be.
Yes some women crave attention but I wouldn't say most, just some. I think a lot has to do with the way they were brought up. Some parents spoil their girls by always talking about their looks. At least that's what I noticed with some of these spoiled girls I know.

About the men, I think though it has to be worse in San Diego than in Miami. At least the harrassing on the streets. It's a common behavior in the lower classes of some countries.(Mexico, Nicaragua, Colombia) But is not a common behavior among low class cubans of Miami. I know in Colombia that behavior has been dying out. It was horrible in the 80's and even worse before that from I what I heard. They would actually touch women if not enough people were around.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:14 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
THE 80'S

Old 03-27-2011, 08:31 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Yes the wonderful 80's. the lost decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami