Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 06:17 PM

193 posts, read 371,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Why because I think rap / Hip - Hop is nasty music and an even nastier life style ... does not liking that genre make me a racist as well ... waiting to hear that one from Miss Shona ?

I love R&B and Jazz .. just cannot stand what Hip-Hop has evolved into ... sorry to have jaded your sensibilities ... I will take being called ignorant from you a compliment .

Cheers

Mr. Ignorant
"Real" rap died with Tupac and Biggie....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 06:37 PM

30,268 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
I watched that video. Hard to believe this can happen in America. What the hell? Who gave these guys their operations protocol!? JANET RENO!? It's funny how the police commissioner says this sort of thing has never happened before with the police. LOL! Oh yeah?

Exhibit A! Refer to THIS article and its concurrent links:
Officer friendly

Seems like this crap is becoming quite a trend with the South Florida PD's!

I'm reminded of the situation with the cops on the movie "Strange Days" with Ralph Fiennes and Angela Basset. Even further more as the person who has the video has been tempted to sell it for currency, And if I could, I would echo almost word for word, what Angela Basset's character Lorna Mace said to Lenny Nero in the movie, when she said "Listen! That tape is a lightning bolt from God! It's worth more than you, more than me, more than Faith(Lenny's lost love)! You understand!? It can change things! Things that need changing before we all go off the end of the road! And you do not have the right to trade it for currency!"

There are so many fishy things about this case, like where are the bullet casings? And why did it take so long for them to find the weapon IN HIS CAR (!!!) if he was supposedly firing it while driving.

You heard it here first! I told you the DeSiller's effect would take place on page 5 of this thread, and it seems to be happening. A transformation from what seemed a very straightforward case-closed sort of police chase and shooting to something much more corrupt! Expect a lot more twists as the case progresses!
I watched a few more videos that were on that same link I went to and it appears there was something that happened in three different areas. Plus, the first video we saw, here on CD, was from someone's hotel room or condo or whatever and you saw the car driving down the street, he wrecked in to a bunch of cars, there was gunfire and then he came to a stop. THEN the police opened up.

So were those gunshots and him wrecking in to those cars all made up? I do not believe that.

Where is the gun? Where are the shell casings...well, let's see...

He's driving down the road, wrecking in to cars, firing from his vehicle. Chances are, his gun is outside the window as he fires. Shell casings would probably be on the ground somewhere.

Where is his gun? He came to a stop, did he throw it? Did he toss it somewhere in his car? Did he hide it while he sat at that intersection before the cops approached? We don't know. All we can do is speculate and start a bunch of conspiracy theories which I do not like.

HOWEVER, I still stand by what I said about the second video and the cop having a gun pointed at those peoples' heads who were in their car trying to leave the area as they were instructed to do. There was NO reason for that cop to do that and I can imagine that those folks, having just witnessed the cops unload on that first vehicle, were a little afraid the same would happen to them. That could have VERY easily escalated in to something terrible leaving more people injured or dead. Thankfully it did not but not because the cops had any semblance of rational thought at that point.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:09 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,640,475 times
Even if you detain someone as an officer, you don't have a right to try and physically destroy that person's recording media. If anything, you have a duty to try and preserve available evidence. And even if you seize the recording device for some reason, there is certainly no reason to damage it in the process, or after it is in your possession.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:18 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,203,861 times
Police department = organized mafia.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:40 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,409,916 times
The gun wasn't found until 2 1/2 days after -- on Wednesday. TWO AND A HALF DAYS. HOW DOES ONE HIDE A GUN IN THEIR CAR SO THOROUGHLY, WHILE THEY ARE IN A HIGH SPEED CHASE CRASHING INTO CARS AND ENDURING A FUSILLADE OF BULLETS, THAT IT TAKES THE POLICE TWO AND A HALF DAYS TO FIND IT??? I say Bullcrap!!!! wouldn't happen!! Couldn't happen!!! Something was faked. False evidence was produced. In such an egregious way that even a fourth grader could see through the shim sham!

THIS IS THE ACTUAL ARTICLE. WHAT I HAVE STATED IS FACT. NOT THEORY.

Witness releases new video of fatal police-involved shooting during Urban Beach Week - 06/02/2011 | MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/06/02/v-print/2248396/witnesses-said-they-were-forced.html - broken link)

Last edited by Reptoid Humidian; 06-07-2011 at 07:50 PM..

Old 06-07-2011, 08:43 PM

824 posts, read 1,178,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelion View Post
"Real" rap died with Tupac and Biggie....
and you know it.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifloridafan View Post
and you know it.
Agreed.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:03 PM

Let's hope it's a zombie!

Old 06-07-2011, 10:12 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,203,861 times
You guys know nothing about rap

I grew up in the South Bronx - 1977, that year I was the king!! I remember opening for Africa Bambatta and St3roids Beyond Da River; Africa was just a noobz back then!! My girlfriend taught him all he knows...

Old 06-07-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
You guys know nothing about rap

I grew up in the South Bronx - 1977, that year I was the king!! I remember opening for Africa Bambatta and St3roids Beyond Da River; Africa was just a noobz back then!! My girlfriend taught him all he knows...
D'Whaaaaaaaat????? Plot twist!! How old ARE you??? I thought you were like just in your early 20's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami