Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 01:55 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Why not get back to us with a more informed recap of the city after you've lived there a couple of years..
Or a few weeks ... ? Hahahaha!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 07:04 AM

809 posts, read 2,316,811 times
Everyone claims you have to HAVE copious amounts of money to love Miami. I beg to differ. I have stated before that I have friends who are quite poor. in fact, I have a friend who is living in a shelter; can it get poorer than that? If you ask these poeple if they love Miami, they absolutely love it. I think it's quite ironic that I have a firend in the shelter yet she loves being there because of her proximity to downtown Miami and easy access to the Metro Rail/mover. I totally agree that Miami is not for everyone but if you love to party and/or go to the beach in December, this is the place for you.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:21 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Not sure if it is the best city, but it is the worst part of Florida. Even a dump like Clewiston seems better than Miami.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:43 AM

650 posts, read 1,630,259 times
Miami is not the best, but it has potential. Probably the U.S. city farthest from its potential right now.

I do think Miami can be NYC w/o the great history, in the future. To the OP: are you European?

Old 11-18-2011, 10:39 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Now there's the Miami entrepeneurial spirit! Drug dealing via CD - a stroke of brilliance WF, why didn't I think of that?

What better way to rep the 305 and really, isn't that what everyone in MIA really wants to know anyways but are afraid to ask - where do I get some dope around here?

WF, this might just win you the $5000 prize for most informative post.

Doggie, how bout a sticky for best places in Dade to buy drugs? We can all split the $5000. Maybe we can even make referral revenue from participating dealers?
lmao LOL

Old 11-18-2011, 10:41 AM

306 posts, read 218,773 times
Holy...

So much Miami bashing...

Guys,where else in America can you swim (warmly) in the winter..?

Where else you don't need central heating..?
Where else the colours of the sky,the grass,the water have such brilliance & saturation..?
And all of that for $1500 rent /175K for a "palace "SFH with a pool ...45 min to the Beach...
OK,not many employers,not many opportunities,but indeed "you get paid in sunshine"...
I understand that people "born & raised "in Miami have "the grass is greener ..."syndrome.
Fed up with "small town " feeling,may desire ..NYC-CH-LA..
.But 3k/rent there gets you a ratcage.
The Big 3 cities are totally against the American spirit of value for money & affordability...

Last edited by miamiworshipper; 11-18-2011 at 10:50 AM..

Old 11-18-2011, 10:51 AM

306 posts, read 218,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
Miami is not the best, but it has potential. Probably the U.S. city farthest from its potential right now.

I do think Miami can be NYC w/o the great history, in the future. To the OP: are you European?

Bingo

Old 11-18-2011, 11:45 AM

932 posts, read 1,177,517 times
Not the best city in America, but not the worst. Now that Miami and I are permanently divorced, I can be a lot more logical about the place, now that I'm removed from the situation. Miami is great for the younger crowd who would enjoy the nightlife, which is unparalleled on the entire east coast, with the exception of NY itself....same goes for the skyline. If you can get a fairly decent job, the city is surprisingly affordable, but not so much so for a family. It's an evolving city - I would just like to see it evolve to attract big business for jobs, better mass transit (slowly happening) and a less transient/more all year round population that can help develop a sense of community.

Miami's worst enemy = the crappy, inept politicians that are elected time and time again as a result of pandering to certain groups.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:59 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,078,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiworshipper View Post
I plan to move to Miami & I have already concluded that it is the best city in America.
By attrition.
NYC,CH,LA are off...Too expensive.little buying power,low overal quality of life..
SF,SD are in CA...Too expensive,too leftist.
The Big 4 in TX,HOU,DFW,SA, AU are charming...
But none has the climate & the waters of Miami.
Other cities are smaller ...JAX has no glamour
Therefore,mainly due to weather , natural beauty,fame,
I declared Miami the best American city.

Do you agree or disagree & why..?
It is posts like this one ... which are almost troll like that keep me off this forum more and more .... all this does is open a can of worms causing people to post the same old garbage over and over .. it is too hot , too many hispanics , people are rude ... no parks , bad drivers ... same crap over and over .. again ... this forum is a joke .

Old 11-18-2011, 01:13 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,783 times
Not the best city though, but the most stylish and beautiful looking city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami